Travelling abroad for studies, job-related work, vacation and holiday has become common today. A travel insurance plan helps deal with losses due to any emergency situation while travelling. Bharti AXA Travel Insurance plan is one such package that covers expenses incurred due to situations like medical emergency, loss of checked-in baggage, loss of passport, flight cancellation, etc.
Types of Bharti AXA Travel Insurance Plans
Bharti AXA offers 3 types of travel insurance plans under Smart Traveller Insurance Policy – Individual/Family Travel Insurance. It is a travel insurance policy which helps to take care of the financial emergencies and travel contingencies of the insured in a foreign land.
- Schengen: Travel insurance to Schengen countries is mandatory for every traveller whether going alone or with a group. The purpose of the trip could be a holiday or business. The Schengen region consists of 26 European states.
- Non-Schengen: If travelling overseas excluding Schengen countries, you need this kind of travel insurance plan. It provides comprehensive coverage against medical emergency, loss of baggage, passport, etc.
- Annual Multi-Trip: This plan is for employees/travellers who travel abroad frequently. The advantage of having this policy is that you don’t need to buy a separate travel insurance plan for every trip.
This policy is available for permanent residents of India, expatriates or foreigners holding an employment pass, dependent pass or work permit and residing in India.
|Entry age (Individual type)||3 months – 60 years||3 months – 85 years||3 months – 70 years|
|Entry age (Individual or family floater with dependent children)||Below 23 years||Below 23 years||Below 23 years|
|Coverage duration||2-365 days||2-356 days||2-30/45/60 days|
Bharti AXA Travel Insurance Plans
Schengen Products: It is compulsory to avail a travel insurance policy before going to any of the 26 European countries in the Schengen region. The plans has 3 variants.
|Coverage||Smart Traveller Schengen Silver||Smart Traveller Schengen Gold||Smart Traveller Schengen Platinum|
|Medical Expenses (Repatriation and Emergency Medical Evacuation)||€30,000||€50,000||€1,00,000|
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment (Common Carrier)||€2,500||€2,500||€2,500|
|Daily Allowance in Case of Hospitalisation||No cover provided||€25 per day for 7 days||€25 per day for 7 days|
|Loss of Passport and Important Documents||€350||€350||€350|
|Loss of Checked Baggage||€500||€500||€1000|
|Trip Delay||No cover provided||€50||€50|
|Delay of Checked Baggage||€100||€100||€100|
|Trip Cancellation and Interruption||No cover provided||€500||€500|
|Missed connection||No Cover Provided||€250||€250|
Non-Schengen Products/Pre-Underwritten: This plan is for those who are travelling to non-Schengen countries. It has 5 variants.
|Coverage||Smart Traveller-Basic||Smart Traveller-Regular||Smart Traveller-Essential||Smart Traveller-Silver||Smart Traveller-Gold|
|Medical Expenses (Repatriation and Emergency Medical Evacuation)||US$ 50,000||US$ 1,00,000||US$ 2,00,000||US$ 3,00,000||US$ 5,00,000|
|Personal Accident||US$ 15,000||US$ 20,000||US$ 25,000||US$ 30,000||US$ 40,000|
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment (Common Carrier)||US$ 2500||US$ 2500||US$ 2500||US$ 5,000||US$ 5,000|
|Daily Allowance in Case of Hospitalisation||No cover provided||US$ 25 per day for 7 days||US$ 25 per day for 7 days||US$ 25 per day for 7 days||US$ 50 per day for 10 days|
|Loss of Passport and Important Documents||US$ 350||US$ 350||US$ 350||US$ 350||US$ 350|
|Loss of Checked Baggage||US$ 500||US$ 1,000||US$ 1,250||US$ 1250||US$ 2,000|
|Trip Delay||US$ 50||US$ 50||US$ 50||US$ 50||US$ 75|
|Delay of Checked Baggage||US$ 100||US$ 100||US$ 100||US$ 125||US$ 150|
|Trip Cancellation and Interruption||No cover provided||US$ 500||US$ 500||US$ 500||US$ 1,000|
|Missed Connection||No Cover||US$ 250||US$ 300||US$ 350||US$ 750|
Annual Multi-Trip Products: These products are designed for those who travel to abroad multiple times in a year.
|Coverage||Smart Traveller-Multi trip Silver||Smart Traveller-Multi trip Gold||Smart Traveller-Multi trip Platinum||Deductibles|
|Medical Expenses (Repatriation and Emergency Medical Evacuation)||US$ 1,00,000||US$ 2,50,000||US$ 5,00,000||US$ 50|
|Personal Accident||US$ 20,000||US$ 25,000||US$ 40,000||Nil|
|Accidental Death and Dismemberment (Common Carrier)||US$ 2,500||US$ 2,500||US$ 5,000||Nil|
|Daily Allowance in Case of Hospitalisation||US$ 25 per day for 7 days||US$ 25 per day for 7 days||US$ 50 per day for 10 days||For 2 days|
|Loss of Passport and Important Documents||US$ 350||US$ 350||US$ 350||US$ 25|
|Loss of Checked Baggage||US$ 1,000||US$ 1,250||US$ 2,000||Nil|
|Trip Delay||US$ 50||US$ 50||US$ 75||6 Hours|
|Delay of Checked Baggage||US$ 100||US$ 100||US$ 150||6 Hours|
|Trip Cancellation and Interruption||US$ 500||US$ 500||US$ 1,000||Nil|
Let’s look at the following table to understand how much Bharti AXA Travel Insurance plan will cost you for different destinations.
How to Buy Bharti AXA Travel Insurance Plan
The online process of buying Bharti AXA travel insurance plan is easy and hassle free.
- Select your travel destination from the following:
- USA or Canada
- Asia, excluding Japan
- Rest of the world
- Enter the following information
- Departure and return date
- Your age, spouse’s age, children’s age
- Select type of trip, i.e single or multi trip
- Enter your Email ID, mobile number and click on ‘Get Quote’
- You will get the plans or coverage suitable for you in the next page and the premium you need to pay
- Select one from the list and make the required payment
- Your travel insurance policy will be sent to you to your mail ID as a PDF
In case of any unforeseen event or emergency while travelling abroad, one can get easy and quick assistance from the insurance company. There are 2 types of claims – cashless and reimbursement. In cashless claim, the insurance company directly pays to the authority concerned. Under reimbursement claim, the insured bears the costs which is later paid by the insurance company.
Accident or sudden illness
- Insured or someone on his behalf needs to contact the emergency service provider
- They will assist the insured in getting treatment as an outpatient and will give a benefit guarantee to the hospital for the related expenses
- In case of reimbursement, claim form should be submitted to the insurance company or Emergency Service Provider and the amount will be reimbursed after examining the facts
Death of insured person
- Emergency service provider will arrange the process of transporting back the body of the policyholder to his or her place
- Family needs to file for a reimbursement claim within 1 month
Total loss of checked-in baggage, passport and personal accident
The claims for ‘Loss of Checked Baggage, Personal Accident and Loss of Passport’ will be settled in Indian Rupees on return of the Insured Person to India. Meanwhile, it is the responsibility of the insured to report to the police within 24 hours of the loss of the passport or baggage and submit the original report to the insurance company.
Documents Required for Claim Process
Following documents need to be submitted for timely claim process:
- Duly filled in claim form
- Certificate from hospital and attending medical practitioner
- Discharge summary from the hospital explaining the disability
- Police report, in case of an accident
- Hospital bills
- Death certificate, if applicable
- Post-mortem report (if conducted)
- Certificate from institution, in case of a burglary claim
- Copy of FIR
- Copy of final investigator report/non-detectable certificate issued by the police
In case of baggage loss claim
- Duly filled in claim form
- Copy of the complaint filed with airline authorities
- Property Irregularity Report/certificate from airline authorities regarding baggage loss
- Copy of passport, visa with entry and exit stamp
Time Taken to Settle Claims
After receiving all the required documents and upon satisfaction, the insurance company will settle the claim within 30 days as per the regulation of IRDAI. In case there is any delay in payment, insurance company will be liable to pay interest.
Bharti AXA is not liable to pay if the claim arises because of the following events:
- Any sort of cosmetic surgery
- Alcoholism, suicide, attempted suicide, depression or similar condition that directly or indirectly cause illness or even death
- If the policyholder is engaged in or associated with any hazardous sports such as mountaineering
- Non-allopathic treatment & naturopathy i.e. Yogic, Homeopathic, Unani and Ayurvedic
- Daily allowance won’t be paid in case the insured is hospitalised for certain pre-existing conditions
Bharti AXA offers assured lifelong renewal of the plan and the sum insured. It also provides 30 days of grace period to the policyholder for renewing the policy, but no coverage will be provided during that period.
However, in case of Annual Multi-Trip policy, the insured has an option to increase the next available sum insured slab subject to no claim in the previous policy and good health declaration.
It is important to understand certain points before and after buying the insurance plan.
- Single trip policy issued cannot exceed 365 days
- The policy provides free-look period of 15 days for the policyholder to review the terms and conditions. However, it is not available at the time of renewal
- All claims payable for pre-existing conditions are subject to 48 months waiting period
- Insured can migrate to other travel insurance policy at the time of renewal, if done at least 45 days prior to the policy renewal date
Advantages of Buying Bharti AXA Travel Insurance Plans
Getting a Bharti AXA travel insurance plan surely goes a long way in helping you stay safe and secure while travelling. Some of the benefits of the plan are:
- Provides daily allowance in case of hospitalisation
- Emergency financial assistance in case of accidental loss of cash
- Compensation for damage or loss of things due to fire, theft, burglary at your home in India while you were travelling
- No medical test, if the insured and the family members are below 70 years and have no pre-existing condition
Customer Care Details
In case of an assistance regarding the policy, connect with Bharti AXA through the following toll-free numbers:
- Canada: 844-691-8883
- USA: 844-691-8885
- For rest of the world (excluding Canada & USA), call back number: +91 11 47324403
Q1. What is a deductible amount?
It is the amount paid by the policyholder after which the insurance calculates the claim amount.
Q2. Can the policyholder cancel his/her policy?
Yes, s/he can cancel the policy by giving 30-day notice to the insurance company. In turn, the company will retain the premium for the period this policy has been in force.
Q3. Is it required to undergo medical check-up before buying travel insurance plan?
Policyholder doesn’t have to get medical test if s/he within the age of 70 years. However, if you have any pre-existing condition then the insurance company might ask you to submit medical reports.
Q4. What happens if I lose my passport during the trip?
In such a scenario, policyholder should first report the same to the local police. The copy of the FIR, passport size photo along with an application form needs to be submitted to the consulate or embassy for a replacement passport. Bharti AXA will pay the expenses incurred to obtain a duplicate or fresh passport.
Q5. How can I reach their customer care center?
In case of any query related to one of their plans, you can connect with them through the following ways:
Toll-free number: 1800-103-2292
Q6. What if I lose my checked-in baggage?
The policyholder needs to inform the insurance company about the same. They will connect you either with a third-party administrator or emergency service provider to help you register your claim. Bharti AXA will compensate the insured person for the market value of the checked-in baggage.
Q7. Are my children also covered under the travel insurance plan?
Yes, anyone from the age of 3 months to 85 years can be covered under Bharti AXA Travel Insurance plans.