Bharti AXA General Insurance Company offers an array of general insurance plans under different heads. General insurance, also called non-life insurance, provides financial support in case of risks related to health, car, house, travel, business, etc.
Types of Bharti AXA General Insurance
Bharti AXA General Insurance plans cover various risks of life. Here is the list of general insurance plans offered by Bharti AXA.
- Health Insurance
- Motor Insurance
- Crop Insurance
- Commercial Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Home Insurance
- SME Package Insurance
Documents Required to Buy Bharti AXA General Insurance Plans
Following are some of the documents required to apply for different plans available with Bharti AXA General Insurance:
- Application or proposal form
- Photo ID proof (Passport, PAN card, Aadhaar card, voter ID card, etc.)
- Address proof (Passport, utility bills, voter ID card, Aadhaar card, property tax receipt, ration card, driving license, etc.)
- Medical test (for health plans)
- Registration Certificate (RC) of vehicle (for car/two wheeler insurance)
- Invoice copy of new vehicle (for car/two wheeler insurance)
- Travel tickets (travel insurance)
- Age proof (birth certificate, PAN card, Passport, driving license, Aadhaar card, matriculate certificate)
- Income proof (ITR details, salary slips, bank statement, etc.)
Note: Some of the policies may require additional documents.
Bharti AXA General Insurance Plans
You should be aware of various general insurance plans and their features before buying one. Here is a list of various types of insurance plans offered by Bharti AXA General Insurance.
Health Insurance: Looking at the rising costs of hospitalisation and treatment, any emergency healthcare expense could turn into a financial crisis for the family. Hence, you must be prepared for such situations. One such method is to buy an appropriate health insurance policy.
|Names of Plans||Entry Age||Sum Insured||Features|
|Bharti AXA Smart Health Insurance|
3 months-65 years
Rs. 3 lakh-Rs. 5 lakh
|Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance||3 months- 65 years||Value Plan: Rs. 5 lakh-Rs. 7 lakh|
Classic Plan: Rs. 10 lakh-Rs. 20 lakh
Uber Plan: Rs. 20 lakh-Rs. 1 crore
|Bharti AXA Smart Health Critical Illness Insurance|
|3 months-65 years||Rs. 2 lakh-Rs. 5 lakh|
|Bharti AXA Smart Individual Personal Accident Insurance|
|3 months-55 years|
|Rs. 10 lakh-Rs. 30 lakh|
Travel Insurance: A travel insurance plan ensures that you enjoy your travelling, be it for work or leisure, to the fullest in spite of the unexpected risks. The plan provides financial security for unforeseen circumstances during the journey, such as loss of baggage, loss of passport, flight cancellation, etc.
|Names of Plans||Entry Age||Coverage Duration||Features|
|Schengen||3 months-60 years||2-365 days|
|Non-Schengen||3 months- 85 years||2-356 days|
|Annual Multi-Trip||3 months-70 years|| |
Motor Insurance: Every vehicle plying on the road in India must have a motor insurance, as per the government regulations. It offers both comprehensive and third party liability insurance coverage. The insurance covers theft, loss or damage to the insured car or any bodily injury to the owner.
|Names of Plans||Type of Policy||Features|
|Bharti AXA Smart Drive Private Car Insurance Plan|
|Bharti AXA Two Wheeler Insurance Plan|
Home Insurance: A home insurance provides financial security in case of any damage to the house and its contents. Under this plan, coverage is provided in case of natural calamities like thunder, lightning, storm, flood, earthquake, fire, etc. and man-made situations like burglary, riots, theft, etc.
Bharti AXA Smart Plan Householder’s Package Policy: Under this plan, coverage is provided for the building and its contents. It also offers fire and burglary insurance.
Crop Insurance: Crop insurance is provided under the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY) scheme to cover financial losses faced by farmers damage to crops. This damage can be due to uncertain weather conditions, pests, diseases, etc. The company provides compensations to farmers for any damage to crops during germination or after harvest.
Commercial Insurance: Bharti AXA General Insurance provides the following types of insurance to take care of risks affecting businesses. Various types of insurance come under this section.
- Business and commerce property insurance
- Commercial fire insurance
- Commercial liability insurance
- Engineering insurance
- Marine cargo insurance
- Risk management insurance
SME Package Insurance: This insurance plan is provided for Small and Medium Sized Enterprises for the establishment which involve manufacturing and trading.
Some insurance schemes for SMEs are:
- SME Package policy for office, shop and other businesses
- Smartplan Office Insurance Policy Package
- Smartplan Shop Insurance Policy Package
- Business Insurance Policy Package
Bharti AXA General Insurance Online Plans
The plans by Bharti AXA General Insurance are available online. Following are the steps to purchase the plans:
- Visit the Bharti AXA website and select the policy to be purchased
- Once selected, click on ‘Buy’ button
- Enter all the details asked
- Submit the required documents
- Generate the quote
- Make the payment through different modes available
Claim Process for Bharti AXA General Insurance
- Check if the hospital falls under networked hospitals
- For planned hospitalisation, intimate the Third Party Administrator (TPA)/company within 48 hours prior with the details of name and address of the hospital
- In case of emergency, intimate the TPA within 6 hours of admission
- A pre-authorisation request form will be sent to TPA by the hospital on admission duly signed by the insured and details of admission, expenses, illness and others.
- On approval of the documents, the company directly pays the bills to the hospital
To register your claim with Bharti AXA General Insurance, you may use either of the following methods:
- Call on toll-free number (1800-103-2292)
- Drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register
- After registration of the claim, you will receive a call from Bharti AXA General Insurance representative explaining further steps and documents needed to complete the process
- In case of an accident, you need to file an FIR at the nearest police station (bodily injury, theft, collision, etc.) and keep the copy of the same to be submitted
- After the appointed surveyor has examined all the details of the claim made, report will be sent to the insurance company and if all goes well, your claim amount will be released
Documents Required for Claim Process
- Claim form
- Policy documents
- Copy of Registration Certificate (RC)
- Copy of driving license of the driver
- Bills for repair
- Copy of FIR/Panchama (accidents)
- Copy of permit & fitness certificate in case of commercial vehicles
- Duly filled in claim form issued by insurer (Part A & Part B)
- Policy documents
- Discharge summary
- Doctor’s certificates and prescriptions
- Final hospital bills and receipts
- Laboratory and other investigation reports/plates/films and bills
- Pharmacy bills and receipts
- Any other document as may be required on case to case basis
Exclusions under Bharti AXA General Insurance
Not all cases are covered under Bharti AXA General Insurance. Also called exclusions, some of these situations are:
- Death or treatment due to attempted suicide
- Treatment for HIV/AIDS, psychiatric condition, etc.
- Treatment through naturopathy, acupuncture/Acupressure, reiki, etc.
- Accidents under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs
- Claims for self-inflicted injuries
- Driving without a valid driving license
- Damage to vehicle due to terrorist attack or acts of war
- Loss or damage due to participation in risky and adventurous sports like racing
Note: This not an exhaustive list.
Time Taken to Settle Claims
- For cashless claims, authorisation is provided within 6 hours (emergency case) or 48 hours (planned admission)
- For reimbursement, claims are settled within 30 days
Bharti AXA General Insurance provides the option of online renewal of the plans. The procedure for renewal is:
- Visit Bharti AXA General Insurance website bharti-axagi.co.in
- Click on Renew tab given at the top bar
- Fill in details of your policy number, mobile number, expiry date, first name and email ID
- Submit and your renewal payment shall be generated
- Make the payment through different available modes
Advantages of Bharti AXA General Insurance
Listed are some of the many advantages of taking a policy by Bharti AXA General Insurance.
- Wide range of plans and policies to choose from
- Easy claim settlement procedure
- Lower premium rates compared to other insurers
- 3700+ cashless repair garages
- Pan India network hospitals
- 24×7 worldwide assistance
Customer Care Details
Call (For purchase): 022-6118-8888 (Toll-free number)
For renewal & claims: 1800-103-2292
Q1. How do you surrender a Bharti AXA policy?
The policyholders can cancel or surrender the policy by giving a 15-day notice in writing to the insurer. Also, the insured gets the refund on cancellation only if no claims has been raised up to the date of cancellation of the policy.
Q2. For a car insurance policy, what documents are needed to register a claim?
Information like policy or vehicle number, contact details, location and time of the incident, type of damage and injury are to be provided for registering a claim for a car insurance.
Q3. What are the things not covered under Bharti AXA travel insurance plan?
Bharti AXA travel insurance does not cover cosmetic surgery treatments, any experimental or non-allopathic treatments, suicide, depression and alcohol-related issues, loss or damage in any adventurous sport and loss due to participation in naval, air or military force in any foreign country.
Q4. Is cashless hospitalisation easy under Bharti AXA Health Insurance scheme?
Bharti AXA is associated with 4,500+ hospitals across the globe and they provides cashless hospitalisation.
Q5. Who is covered under Personal Accident Insurance?
Personal Accident Insurance coverage is for individuals in the age group of 18-65 years and are working.