Travelling abroad is exciting, but it also entails a lot of risk. To manage such situations while travelling, you can opt for a travel insurance plan. Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance plans cover expenses related to hospitalization and other incidents, such as loss of passport/luggage, etc.
Types of Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance Plans
Bajaj Allianz offers three types of Travel Insurance Plans to their customers. An individual has a choice to take the following plans either in single trip or multi trip according to their needs.
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Companion Policy
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Elite Policy
- Bajaj Allianz Travel Prime Policy
|Names of Plans||Entry Age||Travel Duration||Sum Insured ( in USD)|
|Baja Allianz Travel Companion Policy||6 months-60 yrs||Up to 180 days||50,000- 5 lakh|
|Bajaj Allianz Travel Elite Policy||6 months-60 yrs||Up to 180 days||50,000-10 lakh|
Allianz Travel Prime Policy
|6 months-60 yrs||Up to 180 days||50,000-10 lakh|
Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance Plans
Bajaj Allianz Travel Companion Policy: It is a comprehensive package which provides complete medical and health coverage to individuals travelling abroad. It offers a different plan for individuals travelling to Asia.
Bajaj Allianz Travel Elite Policy: This travel plan provides financial protection to the insured and the family from various travel risks, such as loss of passport, luggage, trip delay, etc. It offers various policies catering to the needs of students, businessmen, corporate executives and senior citizens.
Bajaj Allianz Travel Prime Policy: It is a customised travel plan that caters to the needs of an individual travelling abroad. It covers unexpected medical expenses and other risk-related expenses that you might incur while travelling abroad.
|Coverage||Bajaj Allianz Travel Elite Plan (USD)||Bajaj Allianz Travel Companion Plan (USD||Bajaj Allianz Travel Prime Plan(USD|
|Loss of checked baggage||500-1,000||250-1,000||500-1,000|
|Loss of passport||250||250||250-300|
|Delay of checked baggage||NA||NA||100|
How to Apply Online for Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
To apply for Bajaj Allianz Travel insurance, Please follow the steps:
- Visit the official website of Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- On the main page, select the plan as per your needs and click on ‘Buy Now’
- A new page will open, enter your personal details and click on ‘Submit’
- Pay the required premium by choosing one payment method from list of available payment options
Claim Process for Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance
A policyholder can get the claims processed in 2 ways – cashless or reimbursement.
- Register your claim by sending a written notice to the insurance company or call up the customer care in emergency cases
- Submit the required documents, depending on the nature of the claim
- The TPA assigned by Bajaj Allianz will verify the documents. On approval, the company will provide the guarantee letter to the provider or hospital
- After receiving the letter, the patient will be treated without paying any deposit
- In case of reimbursement claim, the policyholder needs to make the payment, collect the medical documents from the hospital and submit them to the insurance company
- The insurance company will further verify the documents and if found suitable, the payment will be done in 15 days after an approval
Documents Required for Claim Process
Below are some of the documents which the policyholder needs to submit to file a travel insurance claim:
- Duly signed in and filled claim form
- Bills and vouchers related to the claim
- Copy of air tickets, boarding pass and passport copy, specifying the travel dates
- Cancelled Cheque of your Savings Bank account
Note: This list is not an exhaustive list.
Time Taken to Settle Claims
The policyholder needs to ensure s/he submits the required documents to the insurance company on time. After receiving the claim form along with supporting documents, the insurance company evaluates the claim and settles it within 7-30 days, if found satisfactory.
Exclusions under Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance Plans
Bajaj Allianz is not liable to pay, if the claim arises because of the following cases:
- Medical condition or complication arising from pre-existing disease
- Suicide, attempted suicide
- Mental disorder, anxiety, stress
- Delay of baggage when the intended destination is in India
Some points to be considered to get the best deal from the plan are:
- For each additional child and adult, an additional premium is paid at the rate of 25% and 40%
- Send the written notification of the claim within defined time frame, else, the insurance company won’t be liable to pay
- Before selecting the plan, check the geographical scope of the plan
Advantages of Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance Plans
Some of the benefits of buying a Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance plan are:
- Specific travel insurance plans for student and senior citizen
- Offers direct settlement for in-hospital medical expenses
- On-call support from anywhere in the world
- Some of their plans provide hospitalisation daily allowance benefit
- Offers home burglary insurance for the period you are travelling
Customer Care Details
In case you need assistance regarding claim process or anything else related to your policy, contact their customer care centre through the following ways:
- E-Mail: email@example.com
- Call: 1800-209-585
- On call support: +91-124-6174720 by giving a missed call from anywhere in world
Q1. What if I am in urgent need of cash after losing money while travelling ?
In case you lose your money or it gets stolen while you are travelling, Bajaj Allianz Travel insurance will provide emergency cash assistance in this scenario. The insurance company will coordinate with your relatives back in India to provide you with emergency cash as per your requirement.
Q2. What if I return before the due date of my trip?
In case the insured returns before the decided date and the policy has still not expired, the company refunds the premium subject to no claims being incurred on the policy.
Q3. Does this policy cover pre-existing disease?
Any claim arising out of pre-existing medical conditions are excluded from Bajaj Allianz Travel Insurance plans.
Q4. What should I do in case I lose my passport?
The policyholder should first report the incident about the loss to the police authority. Your claim can be rejected by the insurance company if you don’t inform the insurance company on time. Afterwards, the insured should apply for the duplicate passport and send the copy of the invoice to the insurer for reimbursement.
Q5. If I am hospitalised overseas, how can I avail cashless benefit?
In such a scenario, get yourself admitted to any the nearest hospitals for emergency medical treatment. If the inpatient medical expenses are more than USD 500, the insured can avail cashless facility. However, if the claim amount is less than USD 500, someone from his behalf needs to send claim intimation to the insurance company.
Q6. Can I cancel my Bajaj Allianz travel insurance policy?
In case you are not going for the trip, you have the option of getting your plan cancelled. For this, send an e-mail to the insurance company along with the following documents:
- Proof that the insured has not travelled overseas
- Photo copy of all the pages (including empty pages) of the passport.
- Reason for policy cancellation
- Visa rejection letter in case of visa refusal by embassy
After deduction of Rs. 250 as cancellation charge, the policy will be cancelled within 1 working day.