Riding on a two wheeler is not free of uncertainties and risks. Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance plan is specifically designed for riders of scooters and motorbikes. The two wheeler insurance policy offers financial protection in case of loss or theft of scooter or bike, or any damage to the vehicle due to accidents or natural disasters. The insurance policy also covers any financial liability related to bodily injury or damage done to any third party involving the insured two wheeler.
Types of Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance Plans
Bajaj Allianz Insurance offers 2 kinds of covers:
- Covers damage to the two wheeler or the rider
- Covers financial liability due to injuries caused to third parties in an accident
The comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy covers both the scenarios under 1 plan.
The 2 types of two wheeler insurance plans are:
- 1 Year Package Policy
|No Claim Bonus||According to the tariff|
|No Claim Bonus benefit after claiming||0 after the claim|
|Hike in premium||Every year|
|Cancellation Refund (Mid-term)||No refund if claim is made|
- 3 Year Long-Term Package Policy
|Renewal||Every 3rd year|
|No Claim Bonus||Extra benefit at renewal|
|No Claim Bonus benefit after claiming||Reduced benefit (doesn’t become 0)|
|Hike in premium||No effect during policy period|
|Cancellation Refund (Mid-term)||Proportional refund|
What all Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance Covers?
Bajaj Two Wheeler Insurance policy will provide coverage to the insured against the following:
- Loss or damage because of natural calamities, such as fire, explosion, lightning, hailstorm, landslide, etc.
- Loss or damage because of man-made calamities like burglary, theft, riot, strike, accident, etc.
- It provides personal accident coverage of up to Rs.1 lakh for the owner or driver
- Covers third party legal liability; any damage, loss, death or bodily harm caused to property or another person by the insured vehicle
Along with above provisions, you can opt for add-on covers to get an upgrade in your policy:
Flat Battery Cover: If you encounter a situation in which you can’t move your vehicle due to battery problem, you will be provided assistance and your vehicle will be moved by Bajaj Allianz.
Spare Key Cover: In case you lost your keys and thus are not able to drive your vehicle, you’ll be given pick and drop facility for spare keys.
Flat Tyre Cover: Bajaj Allianz would facilitate you with a technician to fix the tempered tyre.
Minor Repair Cover: In case of any minor electrical or mechanical mishap and now you have an immobile scooter or bike, you will shortly receive a technician to fix the same.
Insured Declared Value (IDV)
Insured Declared Value is referred as the maximum amount assured by the insurer to compensate the policyholder in case of any unfortunate events such as theft or loss due to an accident made to the two-wheeler. Also, it reflects the current market value of the two-wheeler.
How to Apply Online
Follow the below-mentioned steps to purchase Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance:
- Visit the official website of Bajaj Allianz at https://www.bajajallianz.com/Corp/motor-insurance/two-wheeler-insurance.jsp
- Click Buy/Renew Online
- Select “Insurance for New Vehicle”
- Enter personal details
- Click “Get a Quote”
- Choose the policy period you want and fill the necessary details in the form
- Now choose the payment mode
- You will receive the notification on your registered mobile number and E-mail ID on the successful purchase of two-wheeler insurance
Claim Process for Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance
In case you meet with an unfortunate incident and need to file a claim under Bajaj Allianz two wheeler insurance, following these steps:
- Visit the official website or call on the customer care number (to register your claim. While doing so, make sure you have engine number of the vehicle, location and description along with the date and time of the accident, address for vehicle inspection, km reading and/or police FIR, in case of theft
- As soon as the damage is done, make sure you take your vehicle to the nearby garage to avoid any further loss
- Submit the necessary documents which may include driving license (DL), Vehicle Registration Certificate, police FIR copy, policy document and more
- As soon as all the aforementioned steps are followed, your claim will be settled
Documents Required For Claim Process
Below are some of the important documents which needs to be submitted to the insurance company or dealer for timely claim process:
- Duly filed in claim form
- Proof of insurance policy (In case of accidental damage)
- Original policy document (In case of theft)
- Registration book
- Driving license
- FIR (In case of accidental damages)
- Key sets and warranty card (In case of theft)
- Estimated cost of repairs from the repairer where the vehicle is to be repaired (In case of accidental damages)
Time Take to Settle Claims
Under spot settlement, two wheeler insurance claims can be settled for amount up to Rs.10,000 instantly. Usually, it takes around 3 days to 30 days for settlement of claims. Claims might get delayed or rejected until and unless no fraudulent activity is involved.
Exclusions Under Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance
Although Bajaj Allianz provides its customers with a highly comprehensive two-wheeler insurance plan, there are certain exclusions to this that are not covered.
- Normal depreciation (wear & tear due to usage and ageing) as this is unavoidable
- Mechanical breakdown (not due to an accident)
- Damage done when bike or scooter was driven without driving license
- Damage due to drunk driving
- Theft of accessories (unless the vehicle is also stolen)
- Damage done to the vehicle due to rash driving or easily avoidable damage
- In case of any nuclear activity, war-like situation or mutiny, if your vehicle suffers a loss, it will not be compensated
Mentioned below are the steps required for Bajaj Allianz Renewal:
- Visit the official website of Bajaj Allianz at https://www.bajajallianz.com/Corp/general-insurance/general-insurance.jsp
- Click “Renew Online”
- Select “Two Wheeler Insurance”
- Select the plan to renew
- Enter personal details
- Click “Proceed for Renewal”
- Pay the premium through the available mode of payment
Advantages of Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance
- Instant ‘n’ Easy Renewal: It is easy to renew your policy by directly logging in to the website
- Online Purchase: In a quick pace world like today, physical presence is a luxury, hard to afford. Thus, Bajaj Allianz has made the purchase of its two-wheeler insurance an online matter which can be processed in a few clicks only.
- Hassle-free transfer of No Claim Bonus: Up to 50% of NCB can be transferred from any insurance provider.
- Support from anywhere, anytime: With this plan be assured of instant support anytime you require. You can avail SMS facility for regular information about your policy status.
Q1. Do I get any discounts on my two–wheeler insurance policy?
Discounts offered by Bajaj Allianz on two-wheeler insurance plans are a good deal for the customers. Refer to the following table to assess the discounts offered:
|1 claim-free year||20%|
|2 consecutive claim-free years||25%|
|2 consecutive claim-free years||35%|
|2 consecutive claim-free years||45%|
|2 consecutive claim-free years||50%|
Q2. How can I connect with Bajaj Allianz in case of query?
In case of any query or help about the policy, one can connect with the customer care of Bajaj Allianz through the following ways:
Toll-free number: 1800-209-5858
Q3. What is Insured Declared Value?
It is the market value of your vehicle at the time of purchasing two-wheeler which is taken into account to determine the sum against which your vehicle will be insured.
Q4. Can I renew Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance offline?
A. Yes, policyholders can renew their policy offline simply by visiting the nearest branch of Bajaj Allianz and making the payment.
Q5. Can bike insurance policy be transferred to someone else?
A. Yes, you can easily transfer bike insurance policy only if your transfer the ownership of the vehicle to other person.