Are you a travel enthusiast? Does your job require you to travel often? Insuring your trip is one of the best ways to make sure it isn’t ruined by unexpected hospital bills. It offers protection against a range of unforeseen events.
What is Apollo Munich Travel Insurance?
Apollo Munich Travel Insurance plans are designed to assure financial safety and protection while travelling abroad. The insurance company has plans for individuals, families, senior citizens as well as for students. Each plan offers a wide range of coverage at affordable premium rates.
Types of Apollo Munich Travel Insurance
The insured can take the Apollo Munich Travel Insurance in Single Trip and Annual Multi Trip either excluding USA/Canada or Including USA/Canada. One can choose their preferred plan on the basis of their requirements and cover their trip against various uncertainties or possible risks attached to the trip abroad.
- Senior Citizen
Apollo Munich Travel Insurance Plans
The insurance company offers a total of 5 travel plans to cater to the diversified needs of its customers. These plans are:
- Individual Easy Travel Insurance Plan
- Family Easy Travel Insurance Plan
- Senior Citizen Easy Travel Insurance Plan
- Annual Multi Trip Easy Travel Insurance Plan
- Educare – Student Travel Insurance Plan
Details of these plans along with coverage provided have been given below:
Individual Easy Travel Insurance Plan: This plan protects the insured against the risk of theft, illness or other unexpected situations while travelling abroad. The sum insured of this plan ranges from USD 25,000 to USD 5 lakh.
|Loss of Passport||30||300||300||200||200||200|
|Total Loss of Checked-in baggage||Nil||1,000||500||500||500||NA|
Family Easy Travel Insurance Plan: This plan is to make family trips hassle-free and secured. Available in three variants – Silver, Bronze and Asian Region, the sum insured of this plan ranges from USD 25,000 to USD 1 lakh. This plan covers two adults and two dependent children.
|Loss of Passport||30||200||200||200|
|Total Loss of Checked-in baggage||Nil||500||500||NA|
Senior Citizen Easy Travel Insurance Plan: Specifically designed for senior citizens, this plan comes in two variants – Silver and Bronze along with sum insured of USD 1 lakh and USD 5 lakh.
|Loss of Passport||30||200||200|
|Total Loss of Checked-in baggage||Nil||500||NA|
Annual Multi-Trip Easy Travel Insurance Plan: This plan provides overall protection to regular travellers. Available in 4 variants – Platinum, Gold, Silver and Asian Region, this plan covers the following along with the sum insured option of USD 25,000 to USD 5 lakh.
|Loss of Passport||30||300||300||200||200|
|Total Loss of Checked-in baggage||Nil||1,000||500||500||NA|
How To Apply Online For Apollo Munich Travel Insurance?
- Open the official website of Apollo Munich Insurance and click on ‘All Travel Insurance plans’ under Travel Insurance tab
- On the main page, you will see different plans, there click on Calculate premium
- In the next page, select the coverage you are looking for, enter the start and end date of your trip, enter your age
- After entering basic details, click on Calculate premium
- If you are satisfied with the premium amount, go ahead and make the payment and policy will be issued
- Register claim at Third-Party Administrator (TPA) or send intimation letter on firstname.lastname@example.org
- In case of loss of checked-in baggage, inform the authorities of airlines, file a complaint and obtain Property Irregularity Report (PIR)
- TPA will authenticate and validate the claim and respond accordingly
- For cashless claims, TPA would settle or pay the bills directly to the concerned hospital
- For reimbursement, TPA will verify the details and documents to reimburse the payments
Document Required For Claim Process
Different types of claims have different claim procedures to follow along with a specific set of documents. The following are some claim types along with their documents:
In case of medical assistance
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- Policy copy
- Original reports, bills, vouchers, discharge summary, receipts
- Passport, visa with entry-exit stamp
- Copy of ticket and boarding pass,
In case of Loss of Checked-in Baggage
- Claim form
- Policy copy
- Airline ticket and boarding pass
- Passport with entry-exit stamp
- Copies of communication with airline authorities about loss along with the details of compensation received from airlines/ related authorities (if any)
- Proof of items ownership
In case of Financial Emergency Cash
- Claim form
- Policy copy
- Written statement stating the incident of loss such as the type of loss, causes, place and circumstances
- Copy of FIR
- Passport and visa with entry-exit stamp
- Copy of ticket and boarding pass.
In case of Repatriation of Mortal Remains
- Claim form
- Policy copy
- Death certificate by the attending doctor stating the reason of death
- Bills and receipts
- Copy of cancelled passport
Time Taken To Settle Claims
Upon acceptance of required documents, the insurance company will evaluate the claim. After satisfaction, it will settle the claim within 30 days. In case the circumstances of a claim demand an investigation, then they will try to settle the claim within 45 days. In case there is a delay in payment of any clam, the insurance company is liable to pay interest at a rate which is 2% above the bank rate.
Cases Where You Can’t Claim Apollo Munich Travel Insurance
There are certain cases in which the insured person cannot claim for their travel insurance. For travel insurance plans offered by Apollo Munich, the general exclusions are:
- Specifically travelling aboard for the treatment of illness or injury
- War, act of war, act of foreign enemy, invasion, war-like operation, public defence, civil war, insurrection, rebellion revolution, riot, military or usurped acts, terrorism, radioactive, chemical or nuclear contamination
- Breach of law with criminal intent or intentionally
- Attempted suicide, suicide and self-inflicted injury or intentional self-harm
- Pregnancy, abortion, pregnancy termination, childbirth and other related complications
- Sexually transmitted diseases and any other symptom or syndrome that can be referred to as HIV AIDS
- All sort of pre-existing diseases, illnesses, injuries and their related complications.
Advantages of Apollo Munich Travel Insurance
- 24*7 accesses to medical advice on telephone anywhere in the world
- Cashless transactions on network hospitals
- Arrangement of compassionate visit of a loved one in case of hospitalisation
- It covers the insured against any medical or non-medical emergency while travelling
- Provides emergency cash
Apollo Munich Travel Insurance Customer Support
In the case of an emergency, insured or his family should contact Europ Assitance to access providers in the first health network in the USA or Canada. For more assistance, contact in the following numbers:
From USA: 18333792437
From Canada: 01180033441111
From Greece: 80016122039923
From Australia: 001180033441111
From Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore and Thailand: 00180033441111
From Rest of the world: Toll Free: 0080033441111 and +912267347845
Worldwide Fax No: +91 22 67347888