Health-related risks are uncertain in everybody’s life. Anyone might come across a situation where hospitalization becomes an unavoidable stage. One might be able to arrange the required expenses or the situation might become difficult to tackle. In such a scenario, arranging for a substantial cover to handle expenses, one should plan earlier in life than expected. Health Insurance products are applicable to avail tax benefits also. Apollo Munich Health Insurance offers a safeguard for medical expenses and treatment of diseases covered in the policy by providing financial assistance in the time of need.
Eligibility Criteria for Apollo Munich Health Insurance
|Minimum age for the policy||18 years (Children and young person under 18 years of age can be insured provided one of their parents must be a policyholder)
|Insurance plan cover Age Group||91 days to 65 years of age|
|Maximum policy cover limit||No Limit|
|Persons in a policy||6 members can be included under a policy on any of the floater or family basis
|Members on Family Floater Basis||2 adults and 5 children can be included in family floater basis|
|Members on Single Basis||4 adults and 5 children can be included in single policy basis|
|Premium Computing||While calculating premium in a family floater basis the eldest member’s age
Features of Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- Health Emergencies’ Protection– The plan gives financial assistance in a time when one needs funds for medical emergencies. One doesn’t have to comprise with the quality and timely treatment of illnesses.
- Facility of cashless treatment – One can avail cashless facility for emergency hospitalization and planned hospitalization. The policyholder has to inform the insurance company 2 days in advance if the policyholder needs to be hospitalized for treatment. For emergency hospitalization, the company must be informed within a period of 24 hours.
- Process for Claiming is Efficient – The claims that come for settlement are paid within 15 days. Up to 98% of the genuine claimed amount can be availed.
- Wide Sum Insured Options– The policyholder can choose policy sum insured between INR 1,00,000 to INR 50,00,000.
Benefits of Apollo Munich Health Insurance
Mentioned below are some of the Apollo Munich Health insurance:
- Tax benefits under section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961
- 100% No-claim bonus
- Restore Benefit
- 4500+ network hospitals
- Easy claim procedure
Different Modes of Purchasing Apollo Munich Health Insurance
This health insurance can be purchased online. The advantages of purchasing Health Insurance online are as follows:
- While filling up the form one can declare his/her accurate pre-existing conditions with honesty
- One can make a comparison among various plans and choose the one which best suits his/her requirement. There is no mediator to suggest any plan to take out a benefit
- One can thoroughly check the terms and conditions, information regarding the plan, and read others’ reviews
- Purchasing a Health Insurance Plan online saves the commission of the agent
- If the health is purchased at a young age it has low premium benefits
Exclusions under the plan
- Diseases like cataract, hernia, hysterectomy, joint replacement, etc. are excluded during the first 2 years of the Health Insurance Policy period
- Pre-existing diseases are excluded for the first 3 years from the initiation date of the Health Insurance Policy
- Hospitalization of war-affected person is excluded
- Hospitalization caused due to any illegal or criminal act is excluded
- Emergency arising due to participation in defense services, racing, and other similar activities are excluded
- Treatment of diseases that arises out of sexual contacts is excluded
- Treatment of mental disorders is excluded
How to buy HDFC Health Insurance Online?
The customers can buy the Health Insurance Policy online or contact an agent. The process of buying online is more beneficial. The customer can compare various plans and choose the most suited one. The policy is issued instantly in the online process. The agents might not have full information about all the plans available. The online process offers everything one needs to know about any particular policy. The customer can visit the online website and fill in all the required details. After filling in all the information, the customer has to make a payment. It won’t take much time. And, the policy will be available to the customer in a matter of few minutes.
Apollo Munich Health Insurance Network Hospitals
The plan provides the policyholder with access to more than 4500 hospitals throughout the country. It gives policyholder an opportunity to avail the services of healthcare experts.
Filing Claim with Apollo Munich Health Insurance
- The policyholder has to inform the company as soon as possible by filling in the required form with the necessary information required
- The policyholder can contact the company via the customer service platform i.e. toll-free number.
- A surveyor from the company inspects the claim
- After the inspection is over, the company paid-off the sum assured as per the approval by the surveyor within a specific time-frame
- In case of hospitalization, the company has to be informed within one day of the incident
- If the policyholder gets hospitalized with the planning of any treatment, the company has to be informed within 48 hours
- The doctor appointed for the treatment will have to fill the form and related documents have to be provided by the policyholder
- The cashless claim gets approval within 60 minutes after the process gets completed
Renewal Process of Apollo Munich Health Insurance
When it is time to renew the policy, the policyholder can renew it online. The process is as under:
- One has to first log into the website of the insurance company and click the renew button
- Then, one has to enter the policy number in the required space and click submit
- The information regarding the policyholder has to be filled in
- The site will provide insurance quotes for the premium that has to be paid digitally to complete the online renewal process
- The company confirms the renewal of the policy in a message at the registered mobile number
- The company provides a 30 days’ grace period to review the terms and conditions of the policy
- On every continuous renewal of a policy, the waiting period is reduced by 1 year as mentioned in the documents regarding policy
If policyholders wants to inquire about any renewal/claim or any related issues, they can contact via:
Sales Toll Free: 1800-103-0555
Support Toll-Free: 1800-102-0333
2nd & 3rd floor, iLABS Center,
Plot No. 404-405, Udyog Vihar, Phase-3,
Q1. What is a free look period?
The insurance company provides a maximum period of 15 days to the customer after the initiation of the policy. This period is called a free look period. During this period, the policyholder is expected to go through all the terms and conditions in the policy documents. If the customer disagrees to any of the terms, he/she can cancel the policy.
Q2. Does the premium I pay eligible for tax benefits?
The premium paid for any policy is eligible for tax benefits under section 80 D of Indian Tax Law.
Q3. How to get the address of a branch?
One can visit the company’s website and use the branch locator provided there for any branch’s location.