Karur Vysya Bank IFSC (Indian Financial System Code) is an 11 digit alphanumeric code used in the facilitation of electronic funds transfer from one bank to another. The code uniquely depicts an individual bank branch helping the customers to carry all online transactions using NEFT, RTGS or IMPS mode. This makes KVB IFSC code (Karur Vysya Bank IFSC Code) vital for all the Karur Vysya Bank account holders to carry out electronic fund transfers.
Format of Karur Vysya Bank IFSC Code
|Karur Vysya Bank Code||Zero||Karur Vysya Bank’s Branch Code|
In the above-mentioned example of ‘KVBL0001682’ (Karur Vysya Bank IFSC Code Coimbatore), ‘KVBL’ depicts the Bank Code followed by ‘0’ which is the same for all the banks and then the last six characters (001682) represent the unique branch code of Annur, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
How to find KVB IFSC and MICR Code?
1. Look for Karur Vysya Bank IFSC Code using the online IFSC Code search tool provided by Paisabazaar. Follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Select the bank name, state and then the city
- Choose the particular bank branch from the ‘select branch’ section
- The IFSC & MICR Code along with other details gets displayed on the right side of the page
2. The Karur Vysya Bank account holders can find the IFSC as well as the MICR code on their respective cheque book and passbook.
3. One can look for Karur Vysya Bank IFSC Code list on the official website of the Reserve Bank of India.
4. Karur Vysya IFSC Code and MICR Code can also be found on the bank’s official website.
5. The same can be found on the bank’s netbanking portal or mobile application. The app is available on both Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
Significance and Uses of IFSC Code
- The IFSC Code assists RBI in keeping a check of all the online banking transactions and helps the account holders to avoid making any mistakes during funds transfer via NEFT, RTGS or IMPS
- The user can easily identify the particular bank branch by the IFSC Code
- Enables hassle-free electronic funds transfer
How to do fund transfer using Karur Vysya Bank IFSC Code?
1. Funds transfer via NEFT: National Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT) enables the customer to transfer funds from one bank to another. The whole process is based on a deferred settlement process through which the transactions are carried out in settlements.
- Minimum transfer limit for NEFT is Re.1
- There is no cap limit to the maximum transfer value
- Service timings: 8 am to 7 pm on all working days (except 2nd and 4th Saturday)
2. Funds transfer via RTGS: The transfer by this system gets initiated instantaneously and on a real-time basis. The majority of high value transactions are facilitated via RTGS system. The remitter needs to provide the basic bank account details of the beneficiary required for the fund transfer.
- The minimum fund transfer limit is Rs.2 lakh
- No maximum transfer limit
- Service Timings: 8 am to 6 pm for all working days
3. Funds transfer via IMPS: IMPS provides an instant 24X7 electronic fund transfer facility via mobile phones. IMPS is considered a secure and faster mode of fund transfer. The transfer of money can be initiated using the beneficiary account number and IFSC Code, in addition to the beneficiary mobile number and MMID.
- Minimum money transfer value: Re.1/-
- Rs.2 lakh is the maximum transfer value
- Is available 24 x 7 and 365 days a year
*There are no holiday restrictions or timing issues for IMPS remittances. Also, there are no charges for using this service.
Benefits of IFSC Code
Below mentioned are the major benefits of IFSC Code:
- Hassle-free electronic fund transfer: With the help of IFSC Code one can transfer funds instantly and conveniently from one bank to another. The online banking service hence saves a lot of time. One needs to mention the beneficiary’s bank account number, bank branch, and IFSC Code to carry out convenient transactions
- Minimal fraud chances: IFSC is used for transferring funds in a secure manner. IFSC Code is unique for a specific bank branch and hence it becomes easy to find the bank and its respective branch
- Online bill payments: IFSC Code can be used to pay online bills. The transactions can be performed using mobile phones, tablets or laptops.
About Karur Vysya Bank
Karur Vysya Bank is one of the leading banks in India. Having completed 100 years of establishment the bank has its headquarters in Karur, Tamil Nadu. The bank has a huge network of about 778 branches, 1639 ATMs and approximately 540 Cash Recyclers. The bank also has 6 corporate business units, 5 central loan processing units and 3 asset recovery branches located in Hyderabad.