Jana Small Finance Bank IFSC Code Indian Financial System Code (IFSC) is an 11-digit alphanumeric code, which stands unique for every bank and their respective branches. The code is allocated to each bank branch by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), hence no 2 branches can have the same IFSC code. The use of IFSC code is mandatory in initiating online funds transfer via NEFT, RTGS or IMPS.
IFSC Code: Structure and Importance
In the 11-digit Jana Bank IFSC Code, the first 4 characters indicate the bank code, the 5th character is a ‘0’ and the last 6 characters represent the specific branch code. Have a look at the below-mentioned example:
|Jana Small Finance Bank Code||Zero||Jana Small Finance Bank’s Branch Code|
The above example (JSFB0004752) is an IFSC Code of Jana Small Finance Bank Mumbai, Maharashtra. In the 11-digit code, the first 4 characters ‘JSFB’ signifies the bank code, the 5th character is a ‘0’ and the remaining 6 characters ‘004752’ denote the branch code of Malad, Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- The IFSC Code helps in the unique identification of each bank and their respective branches
- The IFSC Code is used by the RBI to keep a track of all the online transactions made by an individual minimizing the chances of any fraudulent activity
- IFSC Code is mandatory while transferring funds online via NEFT, RTGS or IMPS
- IFSC Code helps in determining the originating as well as the destination bank branch making it easier for the fund transfer process to take place
How to search for Jana Small Finance Bank IFSC & MICR Code?
The Jana Small Finance Bank account holders can find the IFSC and MICR Code either online or offline:
1. IFSC Code search tool by Paisabazaar: The account holders can visit the Paisabazaar IFSC Code Search Tool to know about the IFSC as well as MICR Code. Customers will be required to follow the below-mentioned steps -
- Select Jana Small Finance Bank under ‘Bank’ head
- Select the state, city and then the branch name in which the customer is holding an account
- All the details along with IFSC & MICR Code will be displayed on the right-hand side of the page
2. Internet / Mobile Banking: Account holders can look for IFSC Code on the official bank website or bank’s net banking portal or mobile banking application by simply logging in using the customer ID and password.
3. Reserve Bank of India (RBI): RBI also provides a list of all bank IFSC codes. Account holders can visit the Reserve Bank of India’s official website to check the same.
1. Cheque Book: Jana Small Finance Bank IFSC Code is printed on the top left corner of the cheque, while the MICR Code is printed at the bottom. Have a look at the picture displayed below:
2. Passbook: The IFSC and MICR code can also be found on the cheque leaf or passbook issued by the respective bank as well.
How to transfer funds online using Jana Small Finance Bank IFSC Code?
The use of IFSC Code is mandatory in processing the online or electronic funds transfer via NEFT, RTGS or IMPS. Following is the detailed explanation of online funds transfer process via NEFT, RTGS or IMPS.
Information required for the Fund Transfer process
- Amount to be remitted
- Name of Beneficiary Bank
- Name of Beneficiary Customer
- Account number to be debited
- Account number of Beneficiary customer
- IFSC Code of Beneficiary’s bank branch
NEFT - National Electronic Fund Transfer
Developed by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), the NEFT service is used in the transfer of funds from one bank to another. It is an economical and reliable option for money transfer.
|Timings||Monday to Saturday- 8 am to 7 pm (except 2nd & 4th Saturdays|
|Settlement Type||23 Half-hourly settlements|
|Minimum transfer limit||Re. 1|
|Maximum transfer limit||Rs. 2 lakh|
Note: The daily transfer limit for NEFT is Rs. 10 lakh.
RTGS - Real Time Gross Settlement
RTGS involves the continuous settlement of funds transfer on a real-time or orderly basis. The payments done via RTGS are final and irrevocable. This service is specifically used for large value transactions.
|Timings||Monday to Saturday- 8 am to 6 pm (except 2nd & 4th Saturdays|
|Settlement Type||Real-Time basis|
|Minimum transfer limit||Rs. 2 lakh|
|Maximum transfer limit||Rs. 10 lakh|
Note: The daily transfer limit for RTGS is Rs. 10 lakh.
IMPS - Immediate Payment Service
The IMPS service facilitates the interbank fund transfer instantly and on a 24X7 basis. Both account number & IFSC Code are required for the transfer of funds. IMPS can be done using internet banking, mobile banking or through the nearest bank branch.
|Timings||24X7, throughout the year (including Sundays & Bank Holidays)|
|Charges*||Up to Rs.10,000 - No charges|
Above Rs.10,000 and up to Rs.1 lakh - Rs.5
Above Rs.1 lakh and up to Rs.2 lakh - Rs.15
|Settlement Type||Real-Time basis|
|Minimum transfer limit||Re.1|
|Maximum transfer limit||Rs.2 lakh|
*Plus applicable taxes
About Jana Small Finance Bank
With its headquarters in Bengaluru, Jana Small Finance Bank received its final banking license in April 2017. The bank has a large network of 500 branches spread across 19 states in India. The bank is one of the 10 financial institutions that received in-principle approval from the Reserve Bank of India for a Small Finance Bank in 2015.