IndusInd Bank IFSC Code is an 11-digit alphanumeric code that uniquely identifies a bank branch. The IFSC is mainly used to transfer funds online for NEFT, IMPS, or RTGS transactions. It helps the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to monitor all transactions with ease.
IndusInd Bank IFSC Code Format
When we look at the IndusInd Bank IFSC code, the first 4 characters represent the bank code. The fifth character is 0 (zero), whereas the last 6 characters of the code represent the respective branch.
Few examples are as follows -
Why do we need the IndusInd Bank IFSC Code?
IndusInd Bank IFSC is used in the NEFT, RTGS, and IMPS process. It gives the exact location of the branch of the bank where the account of the payee is.
As the electronic money transfer by IFSC is a quick process and is done efficiently, it also facilitates business processes, which contributes to the country’s growth also.
How to transfer money using the IndusInd Bank IFSC Code?
NEFT (National Electronic Funds Transfer)
NEFT is based on Deferred Net Settlement (DNS) and facilitates the transfer of funds from any bank branch to any other bank branch. Fund transfers through the NEFT system do not occur on a real-time basis but the fund transfer settles in half-hourly batches.
|Features of NEFT|
|The minimum transfer amount in NEFT is Re. 1|
|There is no maximum transfer limit|
|NEFT is available 24/7, 365 days but the transactions are processed in batches|
|No charges are levied on NEFT transactions|
RTGS (Real Time Gross Settlement)
RTGS is an online fund transfer mode that is meant for high-value funds transactions and the transfer for the same is done on a real-time basis. On a real time basis, the transactions are processed continuously on a transaction by transaction basis throughout the RTGS business hours.
|Features of RTGS|
|The minimum transfer amount in RTGS Rs. 2 lakh|
|There is no maximum transfer limit|
|No charges are levied on RTGS transactions|
IMPS (Immediate Payment Services)
IMPS is an instant fund service and works throughout the day. It can be used 24*7 to transfer funds to any other bank account. There are no holiday restrictions on IMPS inward and outward transactions.
|Features of IMPS|
|The minimum transfer amount in IMPS is Re. 1|
|The minimum transfer amount in IMPS Rs. 2 lakh|
|IMPS is available 24/7, 365 days and the fund transfer occurs instantly|
|No charges are levied on IMPS transactions|
How to find the IndusInd Bank IFSC Code & MICR Code?
- IFSC Search Tool: Bank account holders can search the IFSC Code for their IndusInd Bank's branch using the online IFSC Search Tool offered by PaisaBazaar by following the steps mentioned below:
- The IFSC search tool is available at the top of this page
- IndusInd Bank is the default bank name selected here
- Enter the other details such as state and city names
- Select the IndusInd Bank's branch to find its IFSC and MICR Codes
- The Reserve Bank of India Website: The Reserve Bank of India controls all banking transactions in India and thus it is a single entity, which has the authority to issue the Bank IFSC code to its associate’s banks. Hence, one can visit the same to look for the IndusInd Bank IFSC Code & MICR Code.
Where to find the IndusInd Bank IFSC Code?
IndusInd Bank's Cheque Book
- IndusInd Bank IFSC code is mentioned at the top of the cheque
- Cheque number and IndusInd Bank's MICR code is present at the bottom of the cheque
IndusInd Bank's Passbook
The bank account holders can also find their branch's IFSC Code on their account passbook provided by the bank.
IndusInd Bank Net Banking & Mobile Banking application
Account-holders can check these codes using the IndusInd Bank's mobile banking application or net banking portal provided by the bank. Account-holders will be required to login to their IndusInd Bank Mobile Banking application or net banking portal to avail the same.
What is the IndusInd Bank MICR Code?
MICR Code is part of character recognition technology that is used by the banking industry for clearing and processing cheques.
It is a 9-digit numeric code that helps in identifying the bank, the branch of the bank where the account is maintained, and other details needed to process cheque payments.
Some of the examples are -
160234003 is the MICR Code of Mohali Branch, Chandigarh
841234701 is the IFSC Code of Andar Branch, Goa
Where to find IndusInd Bank MICR Code?
One can find out the IndusInd Bank MICR Code on the following platforms:
- IndusInd Bank Cheque Book: One can find the MICR Code on the cheque Book provided by the IndusInd Bank
- IndusInd Bank Pass Book: MICR Code is mentioned on the pass book of the bank, hence one use that to get the required MICR code
- IndusInd Mobile Banking App and Netbanking Account: Customers can use the digital banking platforms of the bank namely Mobile Banking portal and the Mobile Banking App to get the MICR Code
- IFSC Search Tool by Paisabazaar: Customers can visit the Paisabazaar IFSC Tool locator and find the required MICR code
- RBI Website: RBI is another platform that can be referred for the same
What is the IndusInd Bank Swift Code?
SWIFT code is used when the transfer between two banks happens internationally. It is an electronic message transfer system that conveys messages in a pre-defined format, anywhere in the world as and when the transaction occurs.
How to find the IndusInd Bank Swift Code?
Customers can visit the nearest IndusInd Bank branch or get in touch with the IndusInd Bank customer care department for the same.
Difference between IndusInd Bank MICR Code, SWIFT Code, and IFSC code
IndusInd Bank IFSC Code
IndusInd Bank IFSC is an 11 character long string of alphanumeric characters wherein the first four characters represent the bank’s name and the last 6 characters represent the branch of the bank. The fifth character is the numeral zero, which is left blank for later use.
For banks carrying out fund transfer electronically, IFSC code is made use of to send or route messages properly to the particular branches of any specific bank.
IndusInd Bank MICR Code
MICR Code is a 9-digit code used to authenticate the legality and credibility of paper-based documents in the banking database.
IndusInd Bank SWIFT Code
Swift codes are usually formed of 8 (or) 11 characters and is used to identify banks and financial institutions globally distinctively.
How to locate the nearest IndusInd Bank branch from the IFSC Code?
If we look at the structure of IFSC Code of IndusInd Bank it can be seen that the Code is made of 11 alpha-numeric characters which can be divided into 3 parts -
- The first 4 characters stand for the bank’s code
- The fifth character is 0 which is same for all the banks
- The last 6 characters stand for the IndusInd Bank branch code
Hence from the last 6 characters, one can locate the IndusInd Bank Branch.
Does IndusInd Bank Credit Card has IFSC Code?
IFSC is a unique 11-digit code allocated by the RBI to each bank branch in India which is contributing to online fund transfer systems like RTGS, NEFT, and IMPS. IFSC has nothing to do with the credit or debit card of any bank.
However, in case a cardholder wants to make the credit card bill payment, he/she has to enter the IndusInd Bank Credit Card IFSC Code to make the payment through NEFT/RTGS.
What is the IndusInd Bank CIF Number?
Customer Information File is a unique number related to a computerized file that holds all the personal as well as account-related information of the IndusInd Bank account holder.
IndusInd Bank CIF Number allows the bank to view the accounts of customer including key information such as account ownership and credit relationship.
What is the IndusInd Bank BSR Code?
BSR stands for Basic Statistical Returns. The BSR code consists of seven digits and is allotted to banks by the RBI.
While filing TDS/TCS returns, BSR code is used in details related to challan and deductee.
How to find the IndusInd Bank Branch Code?
IFSC Code of IndusInd Bank can be used to get the branch code of IndusInd Bank
Let's consider an example: INDB0001404 is the IFSC Code of Bela branch of IndusInd Bank -
|Bank Code||Zero||Branch Code|
From the last six digits of the code, one can find out the branch code of IndusInd Bank.