City Union Bank IFSC Code refers to a unique 11-characters code that is formed by a combination of alphabets and numbers. This code is specially designed to identify a specific bank's branch while making online fund transfers. The code works with all types of payment modes like NEFT, IMPS, and RTGS.
City Union Bank IFSC Code Format
The IFSC code of City Union Bank’s Lajpat Nagar Branch, New Delhi is CIUB0000356
IFSC Code of City Union Bank is formed in such a way that the first four characters stand for the bank code, the fifth character is always zero and the last six digits represent the branch code.
Examples of City Union Bank IFSC codes -
CIUB0000100 is the IFSC code of Surat Branch, Gujarat
CIUB0000126 is the IFSC Code of Palakkad Branch, Kerala
Why do we need the City Union Bank IFSC Code?
City Union Bank IFSC Code is primarily used for fund transfer via NEFT, RTGS, and other payment systems. IFSC Code helps in identifying the source and the destination bank and helps the RBI to oversee all the banking transactions.
To carry out transfer funds to a City Union Bank's payee, remitter has to provide details which include the name of the payee, account number, IFSC code of City Union Bank's receiving branch, and the payment amount. After the remitter provides all these details, the online transfer will be initiated and the IFSC code will be significant in identifying the beneficiary's bank's branch.
How to transfer money using the City Union Bank IFSC Code?
There are several ways whereby account holders can transfer money using city union bank IFSC code -
City Union Bank customers can easily carry out online transactions using National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT) for which IFSC code is mandatory. However, in the case of incorrect IFSC, the fund is not transferred to the beneficiary’s account.
City Union Bank customers can use ‘Real-Time Gross Settlement (RTGS)’ to transfer the money in real-time. The sender is required to provide information such as the payee name, account number, beneficiary bank’s IFSC, and the amount to carry out fund transfer.
Immediate Payment Services is an instant payment inter-bank electronic funds transfer system in the country. One needs to provide the beneficiary’s account number, account type, IFSC Code of City Union Bank or any other bank and beneficiary’s name to carry out fund transfer.
How to find City Union Bank IFSC & MICR Code?
- IFSC Code Locator Tool: Paisabazaar offers a tool called the IFSC Code Locator tool with the help of which customers can look for the required IFSC & MICR Code. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do so:
- Visit the IFSC Code Locator Tool
- Type City Union Bank under Bank name
- Select the State, city and the branch to get the required IFSC & MICR Code
- Reserve Bank of India Website: RBI contains a list of the IFSC and MICR code of various branches of City Union Bank, hence one can refer that too
Where to find the City Union Bank IFSC Code?
IFSC code of City Union Bank can be found on the following platforms:
- City Union Bank Passbook: One can find the IFSC Code on the passbook issued by the bank during the time of account opening.
- City Union Bank Cheque Book: One can find the IFSC code printed on the top of a cheque leaf.
- City Union Bank Netbanking Account: One can login into the City Union netbanking portal by using the credentials and find out the required IFSC
- Mobile Banking Application: One can avail several services via the mobile banking facility of the bank. One needs to login into the mobile banking app of the bank and then can search for the required IFSC.
What is the City Union Bank MICR Code?
In the year 1980, RBI initiated many new systems including MICR Code for effective payments across India. Since then MICR has become a significant part of online fund transfer.
MICR code is assigned to every City Union Bank branch that assists the RBI to recognize the various City Union Bank branches and process the transaction faster.
Structure of MICR code
Let’s take an example for better understanding
600054008 is the MICR code of Karol Bagh Branch, New Delhi. In this code
600 represent the city code
054 represent the bank code
008 represent the bank branch
Where to find City Union Bank MICR Code?
Below are the platforms where one can look for the City Union Bank MICR Code -
- City Union Bank Passbook: One can find the MICR Code on the passbook issued by the bank during the time of account opening.
- City Union Bank Cheque Book: One can find the MICR code printed on the bottom of a cheque leaf.
- City Union Bank Netbanking Account/ Mobile Banking Application: One can login into the City Union netbanking portal or the mobile banking app by using the credentials and find out the required MICR
What is the City Union Bank Swift Code?
City Union Bank Swift Code is a code that uniquely identifies various financial transactions. Swift Code is used to transfer between banks especially for international wire transfers
How to find the City Union Bank Swift Code?
Customers can get in touch with the City Union Bank customer care department to find the required City Union Bank Swift Code.
Difference between City Union Bank IFSC, MICR & SWIFT Code
|IFSC, also known as Indian Financial System Code is an 11-digit alphanumeric code used for electronic transfer of funds
|MICR Code, also known as Ink Character Recognition, assists in processing a large number of cheques easier
|SWIFT Code, also known as Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication, is used during international fund transfer
|IFSC Code is formed of 11 characters
|MICR Code is formed of 9 digits
|SWIFT Code is composed of 8 to 11 characters
How to locate the nearest City Union Bank branch from IFSC Code?
IFSC Code of City Union Bank is made in such a way that the first 4 characters indicate the bank, the fifth character is zero kept for future use and the remaining last digits represent the branch. Thus the last 6 digits of City Union Bank IFSC Code helps to locate the nearest Bank branch.
Does City Union Bank Credit Card has IFSC Code?
City Union Bank credit card does not contain any kind of IFSC Code. IFSC Code is a unique 11-digit alphanumeric code that aids the RBI to keep a record of all the monetary transactions taking place within the country.
To make the City Union Credit Card payment a cardholder is required to enter the City Union Bank Credit Card IFSC to carry out payment via NEFT, RTGS, etc.
What is the City Union Bank CIF Number?
CIF number is also known as Customer Identification Number is a unique number assigned to every customer of City Union Bank. It is an 11-digit number having all the banking information of City Union Customer.
What is City Union Bank BSR Code?
BSR Code consists of 7-digits is assigned to all the registered banks in India by the RBI. This code is used for bank drafts, challans, etc.,
How to find the City Union Bank branch Code?
The last six characters of the City Union Bank IFSC Code represent the bank branch. Hence one can refer to the last six characters to find out the City Union Bank branch.
CIUB0000102 is the IFSC Code of Karol Bagh, New Delhi wherein the last six characters “00102” indicate the branch.