The IFSC Code of Bank of Maharashtra is a unique code, which is a combination of alphabets and numbers assigned to all the Bank of Maharashtra branches in the country. Bank of Maharashtra IFSC Code is significant in electronically transfer of funds to another individual, corporate or firm. Following are the benefits of Bank of Maharashtra IFSC Code:
- Helps in identifying a specific branch of Bank of Maharashtra.
- Reduces errors in the process of transferring funds.
- Help in electronic payment modes such as NEFT, RTGS, and IMPS.
Bank of Maharashtra IFSC Code Format
The IFSC Code of Bank of Maharashtra Dwarka, Sector 12 (New Delhi) branch is MAHB0001306.
- In Bank of Maharashtra IFSC Code, the first 4 characters ‘UTIB’ stands for the ‘Bank Name’
- The fifth character is ‘0’ which is the same for all banks
- The last 6 characters ‘0001306’ stands for the Bank of Maharashtra ‘Branch Code’
|Bank of Maharashtra Code||Zero||Bank of Maharashtra's Branch Code|
How does Bank of Maharashtra IFSC Code work?
In order to transfer funds to a particular beneficiary of Bank of Maharashtra, one has to provide details including the name of the payee, account number, IFSC code of the receiving branch, and the amount.
Once the remitter provides all these details, he/she will be able to transfer funds to the beneficiary easily as Bank of Maharashtra IFSC code helps in identifying the exact branch of the receiving bank account.
How to search Bank of Maharashtra IFSC Code & MICR Code?
1. Paisabazaar IFSC Search Tool
The bank customers can search for the required IFSC Code using the online IFSC Search Tool offered by Paisabazaar by following the steps mentioned below:
- Find the IFSC code finder tool at the top of this page.
- Bank of Maharashtra is the default bank name selected here.
- Enter the other required details like the name of the state and the city.
- Select the bank branch in order to check its IFSC Code.
The customers can also search for these financial system codes for any branch using the following platforms:
2. Bank of Maharashtra Cheque Book
- IFSC code of Bank of Maharashtra's branch is mentioned at the top of the cheque
- Cheque number and MICR code is present at the bottom of the cheque
3. Passbook of Bank of Bank of Maharashtra
Account holders can also find their branch's IFSC Code on their account passbook provided by the Bank of Maharashtra.
4. Bank of Maharashtra Internet Banking & Mobile Banking application
Account holders can login to their Bank of Maharashtra Net banking portal or mobile banking application to find these codes.
Customers can also go to Reserve Bank of India’s website to check the IFSC code of Bank of Maharashtra.
How to make fund transfer using Bank of Maharashtra IFSC Code?
Customers can transfer funds via below-mentioned modes:
In order to carry out transactions using National Electronic Funds Transfer (NEFT), Bank of Maharashtra IFSC code or other bank's IFSC Code is mandatory for NEFT transactions. In case of incorrect IFSC, the fund is not transferred to the beneficiary’s account.
Real-Time Gross Settlement (RTGS) is a quick method of transferring money in real-time. In order to carry out fund transaction, the sender is required to provide important details such as the name of the payee, account number, IFSC code of the beneficiary’s bank branch, and the amount.
Immediate Payment Services (IMPS), an instant payment inter-bank electronic funds transfer system in India. In order to send money the sender needs to provide beneficiary’s account no, account type, IFSC Code and beneficiary’s name.
About Bank of Maharashtra
Bank of Maharashtra is a public sector bank providing banking products and capital market services to its customers. It was founded in the year 1935 and is headquartered in Pune, India.