Buying a house of your own is no more a tough task as home loan allows you to borrow a lump sum amount and purchase your home without affecting your financial stability. The loan can be availed at fixed or floating rate.
Home Loan Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for a home loan, check the eligibility criteria as it may vary from one lending institution to the other, but there are some common requirements:
- Any salaried, self-employed or business person with Indian nationality can apply for a home loan.
- You must be aged 21 years or above.
- You should have a regular source of income for timely repayment of the loan.
- Your professional stability and savings history will help in quick loan approval.
- Ensure that you do not have bad credit history for at least the three months prior to applying for a home loan.
- If you are a salaried professionals, about 40% of your monthly gross income can be availed as loan amount.
- For self-employed individuals, profit earned by you majorly determines the loan value you are eligible for.
Home Loan Eligibility Calculator
With home loan eligibility calculator, you can know the amount of loan you are eligible for on the basis of your monthly income, existing EMI, rate of interest and loan tenure. You can check the housing loan calculator at paisabazaar.com and know the amount you can get from the lending institution or the bank. Rest, the final amount is also influenced by your credit score.
SBI Home Loan Eligibility
The State Bank of India offers different housing loan schemes such as SBI MaxGain Home Loan, SBI Yuva Home Loan, SBI realty, SBI NRI home loan, SBI PAL, Her Ghar home loan and many more.
|Age||18 years to 70years||21 years to 70years|
|Income||Rs.1,20,000 (p.a.)||Rs.2,00,000 (p.a.)|
|Loan Amount Offered||5,00,000 – 1,00,00000||5,00,000 – 2,00,00000|
HDFC Home Loan Eligibility
With HDFC home loan you can buy a fresh or resale property. The different types of home loan offered by the bank are home loan, home improvement loan and home extension loan. You can repay the amount in easy EMI with post dated cheques or auto deduction.
HDFC NRI Home Loan
This loan is offered for Non-Resident Indians who are of Indian origin or is a citizen of India.
HDFC Rural Home Loan
This loan is specially offered for planters, agriculturalists, horticulturalists and dairy farmers.
Eligibility for HDFC Rural Home Loan
You should be salaried and self-employed individuals. Also, you can make joint or individual application.
You should be of 21 to 60 years and the minimum income requirements depends on the loan amount, tenure, type of housing loan scheme and other conditions.
ICICI Home Loan Eligibility
ICICI bank offers quick and easy home loan processing. Here, you can avail loan at lower EMIs with features such as pre-approved loans, loan against property and checking approved projects. And, with balance transfer feature you can even transfer your ongoing home loan to ICICI Bank for lower EMIs. ICICI Bank offers Home Loans to Resident as well as Non Resident Indians.
- Applicant should be at least 21 years of age on sanction of the loan.
- The loan must terminate before or at 65 years of age or age of retirement, whichever is earlier.
- Applicant must be salaried or self-employed with a regular source of income to repay the loan EMI.
- Minimum age of co-applicant should be 18 years.
For increasing the loan amount you can apply with a co-applicant
- If your spouse is an earning member, you can make him/ her the co-applicant. Their income will be considered to enhance the eligibility.
- In case of co-owners, they must necessarily be co-applicants.