Oriental Insurance Company provides various general insurance policies like car insurance, home insurance, shop insurance, etc. After buying a plan, every policyholder is provided with a policy document which contains the policy number. This is an important document which needs to be furnished while filing claims or at the time of policy renewal. The Oriental Insurance policy document contains all the important details of the policy.
What is Policy Document?
A policy document is proof of contract between the policyholder and the insurance company. This document contains all the information about the policy like the policy number, benefits payable by the insurer as well as the premium amount to be paid by the insured/policyholder, etc. This document is issued to the policyholder after the policy has been purchased.
How to Download Oriental Insurance Policy Document
Downloading insurance policy document helps save time which you would have spent in visiting the branch. Here are the steps that a new customer needs to follow to download the policy document:
- Visit the website of Oriental Insurance and click on ‘Buy Online’.
- Select the policy you wish to buy.
- You will be redirected to a page where details need to be filled in 4 sections namely, Insurance Details, Premium Calculation, Personal Details and Make Payments.
- Once the required information is submitted and the payments are made, the policy document will be generated.
- There will be a link to download the policy document. Click it to download the policy document.
Note: Steps are the same for buying other insurance policies available on the website of Oriental Insurance.
How to Obtain Duplicate Policy Document
If due to some reason, the original policy document is lost or destroyed, it is important to request the insurance company for a duplicate copy of the same. Here is how customers can file an application for issuance of a duplicate insurance policy document:
- Inform the insurance company about the loss or damage to the original document timely
- Submit a written application to the insurer informing about the loss or damage of the policy document
- Make sure to include details like the reason for loss/damage, policy number, date of loss, date of purchase, etc.
- In case of loss of the policy, the insurance company may ask to report the same as an advertisement in a daily newspaper and also submit a copy of the published advertisement
- The insurance company may ask the policyholder to sign an indemnity bond. This is to indemnify the insurance company if the original document was misused in any way, causing loss to the insurance company
Note: Company may charge a nominal fee for issuance of the duplicate policy document.
Details Mentioned in Policy Document
A policy document contains the following details that may come handy at the time of filing a claim while opting for renewal or revival of the policy, etc.:
- Policy number
- Details about the policyholder (name, address, contact details, etc.)
- Nominee details (name, address, relationship with the policyholder /life assured, nomination percentage, etc.)
- Procedure to cancel the policy in the free-look period
- Contact details of the company
- Date of commencement of the policy, date of issue, grace period, etc.
- A detailed description of the benefits payable by the insurance company
- Premium due date and the final premium due date
- Mode opted to pay the premium
- Frequency of premium payment
- Surcharges and/or discounts, if applicable
- Riders (additional benefits, if any, purchased by the policyholder)
- Claim procedure
- The procedure of policy renewal, revival, surrender, transfers, etc.
- Insured Declared Value or IDV (in case of motor insurance to know the maximum sum assured that will be paid by the insurance company
- List of network hospitals (in case of health insurance plans)
- Exclusions applicable
- Applicable charges, if any
- Definitions about the insurance terms
- Terms and conditions
Benefits of Downloading an Insurance Policy
Having policy documents handy with oneself saves both time and effort that would otherwise be spent in procuring information related to the insurance policies one owns. At the time of making claims, one needs to produce the policy document to the insurance company. Even if the process opted to register claim is an online one, the customer still needs to have details like the policy number, etc.
- Keeping a downloaded copy of the policy document lets one access the policy-related details anytime
- Policy number mentioned on the policy document is an important detail about one’s policy which is asked at the time of making claims, updating changes, etc. Thus having the policy document safely in possession is quite important
- Having the policy document in possession lets one compare their existing policy with other policies and make changes if required
- One may simply go through his/her policy document before making a claim to ascertain validity of the same
- Sometimes a person can get locked out of their online account. At such times, having a hard copy of the downloaded policy document proves quite helpful
Plans Offered by Oriental Insurance
- Motor Insurance
- Two Wheeler Policy
- Four Wheeler Policy
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Gramin Accident Insurance
- Jan Arogya Bima
- Janata Personal Accident Policy
- Nagrik Suraksha Policy
- Personal Accident – Group
- Personal Accident – Individual
- Janata Personal Accident Policy
- Shopkeeper Policy
- Householder Policy
- Nagarik Suraksha Policy
- Health Insurance
- Oriental Super Health Top Up
- Medicalim Policy (Individual)
- Group Mediclaim Policy
- Oriental Mediclaim Policy
- Oriental Royal Mediclaim Policy
- Health of Privileged Elder (HOPE)
- Happy Family Floater Policy
- Overseas Mediclaim Policy (B&H and E&S)
- Jan Arogya Bima Policy
- Oriental Happy Cash Policy
- Pravasi Bharitya Bima Yojna
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojna
- Fire Insurance Policy
- Marine Single Voyage Inland Policy
Some of the points about downloading of policy document along with other forms and documents are mentioned below:
- Policyholders must always read their policy document carefully as the coverage provided as well as the exclusions applicable may vary from person to person
- Company may charge a nominal fee for issuance of the policy document
- In case of multiple nominees, the joint application is to be submitted to obtain the duplicate document
- If the original document is found, the policyholder is required to return the same to the insurance company
- There is a separate section named as ‘Downloads’ from where one can download the document containing T&C (terms and conditions) of a policy
- If customers want to open an e-Insurance account, i.e. an online account to their manage policies, they need to first submit the E-Insurance Account (EIA) opening form
- While filing a claim, one needs to submit the claim form along with the policy document which can be downloaded from the ‘Download’ section on the website of Oriental Insurance
Q1. When is a policy document required?
A policy document is required while making claim, transferring policy from another provider and at the time of policy revival.
Q2. How to renew an Oriental Insurance policy?
- Visit the official website of Oriental Insurance i.e. https://orientalinsurance.org.in/ and select ‘Renew’ option.
- A page will open wherein you need to enter the policy number mentioned on your policy document to pay the premium amount
- Upon successful premium payment, you will receive the digitally signed payment receipt
Q3. Can I ask for a duplicate policy document if the original one is lost?
Yes. You can place a request either on-call or by submitting the same in writing to the insurance company if the original policy document is lost. There will be proper verification from the company’s side after which duplicate document shall be provided.