Paying a huge annual fee on your credit card is worth it only if you get substantial rewards in return. Otherwise, credit cards with no annual fee offer better value and more benefits in the long run. You can keep such credit cards open without incurring any extra cost. Also, if you do minimal spending on lifetime free credit cards, they can go a long way in improving your credit score as the credit utilization ratio will be lowered substantially.
Top 10 Zero Annual Fee Credit Cards in India
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Key Feature|
|HSBC Platinum Credit Card||Nil||Buy 1 Ticket Get 1 Free on BookMyShow|
|ICICI Platinum Chip Card – Visa||Nil||Minimum 15% savings on dining at partner restaurants|
|Yes Bank Prosperity Reward Plus||Nil||Extra Rewards on Online, Dining & International Spends|
|Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card||₹ 250||5x Reward Points on Dining and Fuel Spends|
|SimplyCLICK SBI Card||₹ 499
(Reversed on spending ₹ 1 Lakh in a year)
|1% fuel surcharge waiver for transactions worth ₹ 500-3000|
|HDFC Freedom||₹ 500
(Waived on spending ₹60,000 in a year
|5X reward points on Dining/Movies/Groceries/Railway /Taxi|
|Citi® Cash Back Credit Card||₹ 500||5% cash back on movies and utility bill payment|
|HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card||₹ 500
(Receive gift vouchers worth the fee)
|Redeem Reward points as Direct CashBack|
|RBL Titanium Delight Credit Card||₹ 750||Buy 1 Get 1 on Movies & 5% value back on groceries on Wednesdays|
|IndusInd Bank Platinum Aura Credit Card||₹ 899
(Receive equivalent gift vouchers)
|Complimentary Priority Pass Membership|
This is a zero annual fee credit card from HSBC and is loaded with numerous benefits, some of which are mentioned below-
- Get ₹ 2,000 voucher from Cleartrip on making your first successful transaction.
- Get 10% cashback on transactions above ₹ 10,000 made within 90 days of card activation. Maximum cashback capped at ₹ 3,000.
- Earn 2 reward points per ₹ 150 spent on the card; points valid for 3 years.
- Enjoy 3X reward points on hotel, dining and telecom spends for the first 12 months.
- Get 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions worth ₹ 400-4,000.
- Avail up to 15% discount across partner restaurants in India.
- Buy 1 movie ticket and get 1 free on BookMyShow.
This is a lifetime free credit card from ICICI Bank. It is a contactless credit card and offers amazing benefits such as-
- Avail minimum 15% savings at over 800 restaurants under the Culinary Treats program of ICICI Bank.
- Enjoy 1% fuel surcharge waiver at HPCL pumps for fuel transactions up to ₹ 4,000.
- Earn 2 PAYBACK Points for every ₹ 100 spent on retail transactions except fuel.
- Redeem your accumulated reward points against a host of vouchers and products.
- Get the convenience and safety of contactless cards.
This no-annual-fee credit card from YES Bank is packed with several benefits in the form of rewards. Some of its features are-
- Spend ₹ 5,000 within 30 days of card activation and get assured 1,250 reward points.
- Earn 2 reward points per ₹ 100 for all retail spends, 3 reward points for online and dining spends and 4 reward points on international spends.
- Redeem rewards against an exclusive catalogue of products or convert into JPMiles.
- Get fuel surcharge waiver for transactions valued ₹ 400-5,000 across all fuel pumps.
- Reach total spends of ₹ 3.6 Lakhs in a year and get 12,000 bonus reward points.
This credit card attracts a minimal annual fee of ₹ 250 and provides a whole range of attractive benefits as given below-
- Enjoy the convenience of a contactless credit card to make quick and secure payments.
- Avail a whole range of offers and discounts across shopping, travel and dining.
- Earn 1 reward point for every ₹ 150 spent across all categories.
- Earn 5X reward points on dining and fuel spends with no maximum limit.
- Be a part of Standard Chartered Good Life Program.
This card attracts a minimal fee of ₹ 499 which is reversed on spending ₹ 1 Lakh or more in the preceding year. Some of its features are-
- Get ₹ 500 Amazon voucher as welcome gift.
- Earn 5X reward points on online spends and 10X rewards on online shopping with partner like BookMyShow, Cleartrip, Amazon, Foodpanda, Lenskart and UrbanClap.
- Avail 1% fuel surcharge waiver for transactions valued between ₹ 500 and ₹ 3,000.
- Reach a total spending of ₹ 1 Lakh and get e-voucher worth ₹ 2,000 and get another voucher worth ₹ 2,000 on reaching total spends of ₹ 2 Lakh.
- Get benefits of secure and quick payments with contactless technology.
|Comparison of Annual Savings on Top 5 Credit Cards|
|Savings on ₹ 2 Lakh||Savings on ₹ 4 Lakh|
|HSBC Visa Platinum Credit Card||₹ 14,667||₹23,333|
|ICICI Platinum Chip Card – Visa||₹ 7,475||₹ 12,263|
|Yes Bank Prosperity Reward Plus||₹ 5,146||₹ 9,966|
|Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card||₹ 15,710||₹ 16,982|
|SimplyCLICK SBI Card||₹ 9,271||₹14,541|
6- HDFC Freedom
This is another low annual fee credit card from HDFC Bank and it is loaded with a number of features and benefits, such as-
- Get 500 reward points as welcome benefit.
- Earn 1 reward point for every ₹ 150 spent across all categories.
- Accelerate your reward earnings 5-times on Movies/Dining/Groceries/Railways & Taxis.
- Earn 10X reward points on PayZapp & SmartBUY spends.
- Get convenience fee waiver of 1% on fuel transactions worth ₹ 400-5,000.
- Redeem your rewards against a host of voucher and merchandise or direct statement credit.
7- Citi® Cash Back Credit Card
This Citi Bank Credit Card offers extra cashback on different types of spends. Some of its benefits include-
- 5% direct cash back on movie ticket purchases.
- 5% cashback on paying telephone bills through this credit card.
- Pay your utility bills through Citibank Online Bill Pay and get 5% cash back.
- 5% cash back on all other spending.
- Enjoy up to 15% savings across participating restaurants of Citi Bank.
This is a great cashback credit card from HDFC Bank as it offers the following benefits to the users-
- Earn 2 reward points for every ₹ 150 spent on the card.
- Get 100% more reward points on online spending.
- Avail 1% fuel surcharge waiver across all fuel stations for transactions worth ₹ 400 and more.
- Redeem your rewards as direct cash credit into the statement.
- Spend ₹ 50,000 in a quarter and get ₹ 500 e-voucher.
9- RBL Titanium Delight Credit Card
This RBL credit card charges an annual fee of ₹ 750 and for this minimal amount it offers numerous advantages as given below-
- Earn 1 reward point for every ₹ 100 spent across all categories.
- Get a welcome gift of 2,000 reward points within 30 days from the date of joining fee payment.
- Spend ₹ 10,000 within 60 days and get 1,000 additional reward points.
- Enjoy fuel surcharge waiver across all fuel stations.
- Get mid-week benefit on Wednesday in the form of 1+1 on movie tickets, 5% value back on groceries and 10% value back at Pizza Hut.
Although this credit card attracts an annual fee of ₹ 899, it offers gift vouchers worth more than that. Some of its features are-
- Welcome gift voucher from EazyDiner, MakeMyTrip and Satya Paul.
- Enjoy complimentary Priority Pass Membership.
- Get premium concierge service from IndusInd Bank.
- Avail 1% on fuel surcharge at any petrol pump across India on transactions between ₹ 400 to ₹ 4,000.
- Get air accident cover of up to ₹ 25 Lakhs.