With the intention to achieve Government’s vision of cashless India, SBI Card has launched a new credit card named SBI Card Unnati with zero annual fee for the first four years of subscription. For renewal of SBI Card Unnati, customer has to pay Rs.499 from fifth year onwards. SBI Card Unnati can be issued to all the customers including Jan Dhan account holders through more than 20,000 branches across the country.
Naveen Kukreja, CEO and co-founder, said SBI Unnati credit card is best suited for people without credit history, self-employed SBI customers and people belonging to low income group as they can build a good credit record by using this credit card and also avail the benefits of cashless transactions.
SBI Unnati Credit Card Features
Here are the features of SBI Card Unnati to look out for:
- Users who spend Rs.50,000 or more in a year will get Rs.500 cashback.
- SBI Unnati credit card holders can earn 1 reward point for every Rs.100 spent.
- SBI card Unnati can be used for making transactions at 3.25 lakhs merchant outlets in India and over 29 merchant outlets across the globe.
- SBI card Unnati can be used at all merchant outlets which that Visa and MasterCard.
- Users can withdraw cash from over 1 million ATMs across the world.
- SBI Card Unnati holders can use Easy Bill facility to make telephone, electricity and other utility bill payments.
- Customers can convert their big ticket purchases into easy monthly instalments through Flexipay feature of SBI Card Unnati. Transactions of Rs.2500 and above can be easily converted in EMIs within 30 days from the date of purchase.
- In cases of financial emergency, customers can avail Easy Money option where they can get a draft or cheque equivalent to the cash limit of their SBI Unnati credit card at their doorstep.
- Users will also have an option of credit card balance transfer where they can transfer their outstanding balance of other bank’s credit card to their SBI Unnati card and avail lower interest rate and pay back in monthly instalments.