Credit Card issuers, in collaboration with various travel portals like Yatra.com, Cleartrip, MakeMyTrip, etc, offer credit cards that make your travel experience cheaper and more rewarding. These credit cards come with travel-focused benefits such as gift vouchers, discounts on flight tickets, and hotel bookings, which you can avail exclusively on partner portals. Additional travel benefits like lounge access, air miles, extra rewards, and cashback may also be offered.
|Credit Card||Annual Fee||Key Features|
|Yatra SBI Credit Card||Rs. 499+ Taxes||Yatra.com gift voucher worth Rs. 8,250 as a welcome benefit|
|MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Signature Credit Card||NIL (Second Year Onwards)||Rs. 1500 worth MyCash; MMTBLACK exclusive membership|
|Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card||Rs. 500 (waived off on spending Rs. 2 lakh in the previous year)||4% cashback for spending on preferred merchants on Cleartrip|
|Standard Chartered Digismart Credit Card||Rs. 49 (monthly fee which waived off on spending Rs. 5,000 in a calendar month)||20% discount at Yatra.com on the domestic flight up to Rs. 750 and 10% discount on international flights up to Rs. 10,000. 25% discount (up to Rs. 4,000) on domestic hotel bookings|
|IRCTC SBI Card Premier||Rs. 1,499||10% value-back on AC1, AC2, AC3, and AC CC as reward points for your ticket purchases via IRCTC mobile app or website (for Android only)(terms & conditions applied)|
Yatra SBI Credit Card
If you are a frequent traveler, then Yatra SBI Card is suitable for you as you can avail various travel-focused benefits. It aims to provide you with a comfortable and economical travel journey. Additionally, you get benefits in the form of welcome gifts, reward points, fuel surcharge waiver, etc. Take a look at the unmatched benefits of this card:
- Get vouchers from Yatra worth Rs. 8,250 as a welcome gift
- Cardholders can avail great discounts on flight bookings such as:
- Rs. 1,000 off on domestic flight bookings on transactions worth Rs. 5,000 or more
- Rs. 4,000 off on international flight bookings worth Rs. 40,000 or more
- 20% off on domestic hotels on a minimum transaction value of Rs. 3,000
- Complimentary air accident of 50 lakh valid for primary cardholders
- Earn 6 reward points on every Rs. 100 spent on departmental stores, grocery, dining, movies, etc. & 1 reward point on every Rs. 100 spent on all other categories
- 1% fuel surcharge across all petrol pumps. Maximum surcharge waiver of Rs. 100 can be availed monthly
Must Read: Yatra SBI Card Review
Tip: You must check out how you can make the most out of your travel credit card in order to utilize your rewards points and benefits from the travel rewards program.
MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Signature Credit Card
This credit card offers extraordinary travel benefits in the form of exclusive memberships, complimentary lounge access, holiday vouchers, etc. Following are the key benefits of MMT ICICI Bank Signature Credit Card:
- As welcome benefits, you will get 1,500 as My Cash (100% usable MakeMyTrip cash in My wallet)*, MMT holiday voucher worth Rs. 2,500* & complimentary MMT BLACK Exclusive membership
- Earn up to 4X reward points on your selected transactions at MakeMyTrip, and later redeem them at the value of 1 My Cash = Re. 1
- Earn bonus My Cash points each anniversary year- on spending Rs. 2.5 lakh, you can earn 1,100 My Cash each anniversary year, and on spending Rs. 5 lakh, you will get 4,000 My Cash each anniversary year
- 1 complimentary railway lounge access in a quarter to participating lounges in India
- 2 complimentary domestic airport lounge access by spending Rs. 5,000 in the quarter
- 1 international lounge access and 1 spa session at selected airports in India through complimentary Dreamfolks membership at $99
*This benefit will be provided to the primary cardholders within 45 days after the payment of the joining fee.
Must Read: MakeMyTrip ICICI Bank Credit Cards review
Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card
If you are looking for cashback perks on your travel, then Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card is one of the most suitable options available in the market. However, being a co-branded card, the best benefits of the Flipkart Credit Card are inclined towards Flipkart and its partner merchants.
- 4% cashback for spending on preferred merchants on Cleartrip along with other merchants such as Uber, Swiggy, PVR, Curefit, Tata Sky, Tata 1MG
- You will get Rs. 500 worth welcome voucher on making the first transaction within 30 days
- 1.5% cashback for spending on all other merchants
- 4 complimentary domestic lounge access visits (one per calendar quarter)
- 1% Fuel surcharge waiver up to Rs. 500 per month
Read more: Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card review
Standard Chartered Digismart Credit Card
Standard Chartered Bank has launched its all-in-one credit card i.e., DigiSmart Card. This credit card is best suited for people who frequently shop online. However, this card also offers benefits on a travel portal i.e. Yatra.com. Read on to know more about Standard Chartered DigiSmart Credit Card.
- You can avail 20% discount at Yatra.com on domestic flights up to Rs. 750 and 10% discount on international flights up to Rs. 10,000. 25% discount (up to Rs. 4,000) on domestic hotel bookings
- 10% discount on Zomato 5 times a month, with up to Rs. 150 discount on each order
- 20% discount on Myntra with no minimum spends
- 10% discount on Grofers (now Blinkit) with no minimum spends
- Buy 1 Get 1 movie ticket free at INOX on with a maximum discount of Rs.200 (valid for 2 transactions per month )
- 15% cashback on Ola cab bookings with a maximum cashback of Rs. 600 per month
- Monthly fee waived off on spending Rs. 5,000 in a month
Must Read: Standard Chartered DigiSmart Card Review
IRCTC SBI Card Premier
IRCTC SBI Card Premier is one of the cards that provide benefits on railway bookings. With this card, you can avail complimentary railway lounge access, reward points, etc. Read on to know more about this credit card.
- 10% value-back on AC1, AC2, AC3, and AC CC as reward points for your ticket purchases via IRCTC mobile app or website (for Android only)
- 5% value back on air ticket purchases on IRCTC and 5% value back on e-catering purchases on IRCTC
- 1,500 reward points are equivalent to Rs. 1,500 on the payment of the first annual fee (1 reward point = Rupee 1)
- Save 1.8% transaction charges on airline ticket bookings through www.air.irctc.co.in
- Earn 3 reward points per Rs. 125 spent on dining and standing instructions on utility
- 1 reward point per Rs. 125 spent on other retail purchases (non-fuel), including railway ticket purchases at IRCTC mobile app or website (Android only)
- Milestone benefits up to Rs. 5,000 reward points
- 8 complimentary railway lounge access in a year to participating lounges in India (max 2 per quarter).
- Complimentary rail Insurance coverage of Rs. 10 lakh, air accident cover
Also Read: IRCTC SBI Card Premier Review
So, these were some of the best credit cards with travel portal benefits in India for 2022. You can go for a co-branded credit card and a credit card offering benefits on the travel portal depending upon your needs and requirements. Remember, before choosing the right credit card, you must analyze all the important travel perks it offers.
|Bonus Tip: Always compare the options available on the various travel portals and then choose the best travel credit card to determine the right one that fits your lifestyle.|