Dining credit cards are best suitable for people who love to dine out frequently. In order to get rid of hefty bills, various banks offer attractive discounts, cashbacks and deals that save a lot of money. There are many features of dining credit cards that one should look out for. If you are planning to get a dining credit card, you should look for the following features in the card:
- Instant Discounts – Most dining credit cards offer 10 – 20% off on food/dining bills
- Rewards – One can get up to 10X standard reward earnings rate when dining at selected restaurants
- Cashbacks – You can enjoy the food at a lesser price by earning cashbacks on food bills
7 Best Dining Credit Cards in India
|Dining Credit Card||Annual Fee||Benefits|
|ICICI Platinum Credit Card||Rs. 99*||Minimum 15% discount on food bill|
|HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card||Rs. 4000||15% discount at the finest restaurants|
|SBI SimplySave Credit Card||Rs. 499||Minimum 15% discount in 1000 plus restaurants across 12 cities in India|
|American Express® Platinum Travel Card||Rs. 3500 *||15%-20% instant discount on selected restaurants|
|Citibank Cash Back Credit Card||Rs. 500||Up to 15% off on dining across 2000 partnered restaurants|
|HSBC Platinum Credit Card||NIL||Up to 15% at HSBC partner restaurants in India|
|Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card||Rs. 5000||25% discount on top 250 restaurants in India with advance table bookings through concierge services|
ICICI Platinum Chip Card – Visa
ICICI Bank Platinum Chip credit card is a zero annual fee credit card that comes packed with numerous benefits. Cardholders can use this card not only for shopping but also for availing amazing deals and discounts when they dine out.
Culinary Treats, a dining programme offered by ICICI Bank enables its customers to avail a minimum 15% discount on food bill of spends more than Rs.2500 in 12 major cities in India. One has to simply make the bill payment using his/her ICICI Platinum Chip Card.
- It provides rewards for one’s purchases powered by PAYBACK
- The annual fee of Rs. 99 is waived off if the amount of Rs. 50,000 or more is spent through this card
- It has 1% fuel surcharge waiver that can be availed on transactions of maximum Rs.4000 at HPCL pumps
HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card:
HDFC Diners Club Premium Credit Card allows cardholders to get amazing discounts and reward points when they dine out at some of the finest restaurants in India. The card offers a lot of additional travel deals, discounts and other privileges that make it an ideal travel companion. HDFC Diners Club Premium credit card holders can avail a discount of up to 15% at partner restaurants across 70 countries worldwide.
- It has zero lost card liability
- A cardholder can avail complimentary golf lessons at partner golf courses within India
- Customers can avail complimentary travel insurance on baggage loss of up to Rs. 50,000, overseas emergency hospitalisation cover worth Rs.25 lakhs and air accident cover of Rs.1 crore
SBI SimplySave Credit Card
SBI SimplySAVE credit card offers a wide range of dining deals. The card, as the name suggests, helps one to earn big rewards and save on his/her expenses. It helps in earning big rewards on expenditure such as fine dines, grocery, departmental store purchases and movies.
- Customer can avail 1 Reward Point per Rs.100
- Customer can avail 10X Rewards on dining, movies and grocery
- Customer can avail 2,000 Bonus Reward Points on spending Rs. 2,000 in 60 days
- Customer can avail 1% fuel surcharge waiver on transactions between Rs.500 and Rs. 3,000
American Express Platinum Travel Card
American Express Platinum Travel credit card suits not only frequent travellers but also those who love to dine out quite often. It allows the customer to remain risk-free and above all, it helps him/her to save money while travelling and dining. It is best suited for frequent travellers as it offers a plethora of travel-centric benefits in the form of direct discounts and other privileges. This card offers 15%-20% instant discount on selected restaurants.
- One can avail special privilege for big spending in easy monthly instalments
- 1 membership point is given for spending every Rs. 50 through the credit card except for expenditures on utilities, fuel, insurance and cash transactions
- Cardholders have the option to get two supplementary credit cards at zero cost
Citibank Cash Back Credit Card
Citibank Cash Back credit card has been designed to return a portion of spends to the customer. This card works like a normal credit card and permits one to do a lot of things, the only difference is that it automatically transfers some money in the cardholder’s wallet. The cashback earned on one’s Citibank Cash Back credit card gets directly converted into statement credit in multiples of Rs. 500. Customer can avail up to 15% off on dining across 2000 partnered restaurants.
- Customer can avail 5% cashback on telephone bill payment, movie ticket purchases and other types of utility bill payments made through Citibank online bill pay service
- Customer can avail 0.5% cashback on all purchases
- Customer can avail automatic credit of Rs. 500 in his/her statement directly
- Customer can convert his/her spending on shopping, consumer electronics, mobile phone outlets, leading retail chains and e-retailers into easy EMIs
- The customer can convert his/her reward points into a direct statement credit
HSBC Platinum Credit Card
HSBC Platinum credit card is a premium card offered by HSBC India, the Indian subsidiary of Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation, a leading global financial conglomerate in India. The cardholder can avail a discount of up to 15% at HSBC partner restaurants in India making it one of the best credit cards for availing dining services. One also gets access to a host of other premium services from the bank including concierge services, zero lost card liability and emergency card replacement.
- Customers also get access to VISA concierge services that can be used for flight bookings, dining and movies, etc.
- Fuel surcharge waiver of 1% is applicable when one uses his/her card to refuel the vehicle
- The cardholder can avail 2 reward points on every spending of Rs.150 while 3X rewards are offered when he/she uses his/her card for dining, telecom and hotel expenditure
- One can earn 5X reward points when he/she crosses this spending limit till he/she reaches Rs.10,00,000
Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
The Standard Chartered Ultimate credit card is packed with exclusive offers and rewards to complement one’s lifestyle. It has the highest reward point value in the market. Standard Chartered Ultimate credit cardholder can dine-in with 25% discount on top 250 restaurants in India with advance table bookings through concierge services.
- One can get access to 20 premier golf courses in India and 150 worldwide
- One can avail up to 20% cashback on Uber rides
- One can avail 5% cashback on duty-free spends and low foreign currency markup fee of 2% on overseas spends
- One can get complimentary access to over 100 airport lounges across the world.
- On every spend of Rs.150, Cardholders can earn 5 reward points whereas 1 reward point is equal to Rs.1