Citibank offers a host of credit cards tailor-made for different types of customers. Citibank credit cards specialize in travel, shopping, dining, entertainment, fuel and more. Cardholders can earn rewards which can later be redeemed for exciting gift vouchers or statement credit. Let us look at the different credit cards offered by Citibank-
|Citibank Credit Card||Joining Fee (in Rs)||Annual Fee (in Rs)||Features||Suitable For|
|Citibank® Rewards Card||Nil||1,000||
Get 1,500 bonus points on your first spend made within 30 days of card issue.
|Shopping and Dining|
|Citi PremierMiles® Credit Card||3,000||3,000||10,000 Miles with your first spend of Rs.1,000 or more on your Citi PremierMiles Card within 60 days of Card issuance||Travel, Airport Lounge, Shopping and Dining|
|IndianOil Citi® Platinum Credit Card||Nil||1,000 (waived off on spending at least Rs 30,000 p.a)||Earn Turbo Points on all your purchases. Do more with your points through Flexible Reward Redemption Program||Fuel and Dining|
|Citi® Cash Back Credit Card||500||500||Get 5% Cash Back on Movie ticket purchases, telephone bill payments, utility bill payments||Movies and Dining|
Now earn more when you spend with Citibank Rewards Card. This credit card allows its users to earn extra reward points which can be redeemed for attractive shopping and travel vouchers, merchandise, gifts and more. You can also avail Citibank’s Personal Concierge Services for help with planning a party, sending flowers, making dining reservations, for travel assistance and much more. The annual fee on this credit card is Rs 1,000 which will be waived off on spending Rs 30,000 or more in the membership year.
These are the top features which make this credit card so much rewarding for the users-
Welcome Benefits on Citibank Rewards Card
- Get 1,500 bonus points on your first spend made within 30 days of card issue
- Get 1,000 bonus points on your first spend of Rs. 1000 made within 60 days of card issue
Benefits and Features
- Earn 10 Reward Points for every Rs 125 spent at apparel and department stores and select partners
- For all other purchases, earn Reward Points at rate of 1 point for every Rs 125
- Get 300 bonus points on card spends of Rs 30,000 or more in a month
- Up to 15% savings across participating restaurants
- Get instant redemption against movie tickets, travel bookings, mobile services, and more.
- Get EMI privileges on shopping, consumer electronics, mobile phone outlets, leading retail chains and e-retailers
- Your reward points will never expire
- You can also adjust your reward points against the statement balance (1 Reward Point= Re 0.35)
- Redeem your rewards for Air Miles on Air India and Jet Airways under the Frequent Flyer Membership (1 Reward Point= 0.75 Air Miles)
This is a wonderful travel credit card by Citibank best suited for the frequent flyers. Use your credit card for your favourite items and earn Air Miles which can be redeemed for travel tickets and hotel stays. Also, be a part of Citibank’s privileged customers and avail unparalleled benefits. Cardholders will have to pay Rs 3,000 as joining fee and afterwards Rs 3,000 as annual fee from second year onwards. The first year fee is waived off for City Priority Clients.
Here are a few features that make this credit card a worthy addition to your wallet-
- Get 10,000 Miles on spending of Rs 1,000 within the first 60 days of card issuance
- Earn 10 Miles on every Rs 100 spent on flight tickets and hotel stays on bookings made at Premier Miles Official Website and with select partners
- Redeem miles for flight tickets across 100+ airlines at www.premiermiles.co.in and with select partners
- Also get 3,000 Air Miles on card renewal
- Enjoy complimentary access at key airport lounges across India
- Get a complimentary Air Accident Insurance coverage up to Rs 1 crore and Lost Card Liability Cover of Rs 2 Lakh
- Up to 15% savings on dining across participating restaurants
- Air Miles earned will never expire so redeem them without blackout dates
- Get complimentary access to airport lounges along with light refreshments and business facilities
This is a fuel credit card that can help you save every time every time you refuel. Along with fuel rewards, you can earn points when using this credit card for shopping, travel and other purchases. The annual fee for this credit card is Rs 1,000 which is waived off when you spend Rs 30,000 or more in the membership year. Let us talk about a few important features of IndianOil Citi® Platinum Credit Card-
- Get Rs.250 worth of activation benefits (limited period offer)
- Save more on fuel at IOC outlets
- Earn 4 Turbo Points on Rs 150 spent on fuel at authorized IndianOil outlets (2.67% savings)
- Enjoy complete waiver of 1% fuel surcharge at authorized IndianOil outlets
- Get up to 60 litres of free* fuel annually by redeeming your turbo points for fuel at 1200+ authorized IndianOil outlets
- Turbo Points never expire! 1 Turbo point is equal to Re 1
- Redeem your Turbo Points against an exciting range of gifts vouchers and merchandise from some major brands
- Up to 15% savings on dining across participating restaurants
- Get exclusive concierge services from Citibank and save time on hotel booking, flower delivery, dining reservations and more
- Choose easy EMI options at more than 2,000 consumer electronics and mobile phone outlets, leading retail chains and e-retailers.
Want to save more when you shop? Citi® Cash Back Credit Card is the best addition to your wallet. Just make usual purchases with your credit card and earn extra cashback into your statement. The annual fee for this credit card is Rs 500 which is billed in the first month and after that every year. Listed below are the top reasons why you should get this cashback credit card-
- Enjoy 5% cashback on movie ticket purchases, telephone bill payment and all types of utility bill payments through Citibank Online Bill Pay service
- Get 0.5% cashback on all your purchases
- Avail up to 15% off on dining across 2000 partnered restaurant
- Cashback of INR 500 is automatically credited to the statement
- Savings and offers on shopping across 100 plus stores
- Get EMI privileges on shopping, consumer electronics, mobile phone outlets, leading retail chains and e-retailers
- Enjoy contactless card features on an NFC enabled terminal without handing over your card to someone else for swiping
- Get your reward points conveniently converted into direct statement credit
This credit card by Citibank allows you to make the most of your purchases in India. This card comes with an annual fee of Rs 1,000 which will be waived off on spending Rs 30,000 or more in the membership year. Earn excellent rewards on all your shopping trips and get exciting discount on dining and entertainment. Redeem the reward points earned for superb merchandise from top brands, gift vouchers and more. Let’s talk about the top features of this credit card-
- Spend Rs 1,000 within the first 60 days of card issuance and get 1,000 bonus reward points
- Earn 1 Reward Point for every Rs 125 spent on your credit card anywhere and everywhere
- Accelerate your reward points 10 times when you use your card at apparel and department stores
- Reward points on this credit card never expire so utilize them whenever you want
- Enjoy attractive redeeming options including holidays, premium merchandise
- You can also adjust your reward points for direct statement credit
- Enjoy up to 15% savings across participating restaurants
- Convert your big-ticket purchases into easy EMIs and pay back easily
If you are a shopaholic, First Citizen Citi Credit Card is best suited for your wallet. Get accelerated rewards at Shoppers Stop along with welcome benefits worth Rs 2,050. Redeem your points easily against purchases made at Shoppers Stop. This card comes with an annual fee of Rs 500 which is waived off when you shop for Rs 30,000 or more in the membership year. Given below are a few features of this credit card-
- Earn 7 First Citizen Points per Rs.100 spent at Shoppers Stop for private label brands and 5 points for every other brand
- Avail the facility of instant redemption of First Citizen Points against purchases made at Shoppers Stop (1 Point = Re 0.60)
- Get welcome benefits worth Rs 2,050 in the form of gift vouchers from Shoppers Stop and Home Stop
- Enjoy complimentary parking at Shoppers Stop
- Enjoy up to 15% discount at participating restaurants across the country
- Get personal concierge services for party planning, sending flowers, hotel booking and more
This is another fuel credit card by Citibank which can help you save more every time you refuel your vehicle. Launched in association with Indian Oil, this card lets you earn Turbo Points which can be redeemed against a host of gift vouchers and branded merchandise. The annual fee for this credit card is Rs 1,000 which will be reversed if you spend Rs 30,000 or more in the year of membership. Here are a few features of this credit card-
- Get activation benefits worth Rs 250 (limited period offer)
- Get yearly free fuel earnings up to 71 litres
- Earn 1 Turbo Point for every Rs 150 spent on shopping and dining
- Earn 2X Turbo Points when using your credit card for grocery and supermarket purchases
- Accelerate your Turbo Points 4 Times when buying fuel at authorized IndianOil Retail Outlets across the country
- Redeem your points instantly at select merchant outlets and online stores
- Enjoy other Citibank privileges like dining discount, personal concierge and EMI benefit
Experience prime services and a whole range of exclusivity with Citi Prestige Card. Make the most of all your purchases and travels and at the same time earn huge rewards. The annual membership fee for this credit card is Rs 20,000 and is complimentary for Citigold Private Client customers. Some exclusive benefits of this credit card are given below-
- Be a part of Taj Epicure Plus Plan and also get InnerCircle Silver membership
- Get complimentary access at some of the most picturesque golf destinations at select courses globally
- Earn 1 Reward Point for every Rs 100 spent in India and earn 2 points for overseas purchases
- Redeem your Reward Points for gift vouchers from some leading brands
- Convert your Reward Points to loyalty program of leading airlines (1 Reward Points = 4 Frequent Flyer Miles)
- Also get hotel stays and car rentals against your reward points
- Get Air Accident Insurance of Rs 5 crores and lost card liability cover of Rs 3 Lakhs
- With Citi Prestige Card, you also get overseas medical insurance of USD 50,000
Organizations also need a perfect spend management tool and Citibank Corporate Card is perfect for streamlining corporate expenses. Enjoy greater convenience of spending along with more savings. Get benefits of online spend management tool and process automation. Listed below are a few benefits of being Citibank’s Corporate Card Member-
- Get access to online spend management tool and enjoy enhanced visibility and control over your corporate expenses
- Enjoy excellent service setup with dedicated relationship managers and service helpdesks
- Reward points you earn with your purchases will never expire
- Get exclusive discounts on a host of business products including travel, hotel booking, restaurants and more
- Save up to 15% on exclusive dining at select restaurants across the country
- Get easy access to foreign currency when travelling abroad
- Travel with confidence through Citibank Priority Assistance services on phone 24x7
When you make purchases using your Citibank Credit Card, you will earn reward points which can be later redeemed against gift vouchers, branded merchandise, etc. Depending on the type of credit card and the transactions made, you can accumulate more points. The table given below shows reward points offered on different credit cards-
|Citibank Credit Card||Reward Points on Normal Spend||Spend Based Extra Rewards||Spend Category|
|Citi Rewards Card||1 point /Rs 125||10 points / Rs 125||Apparel,Departmental Stores & Featured partners|
|Citi PremierMiles Card||4 miles/Rs 100||10 miles/Rs 100||Airline Spends & Featured partners|
|IndianOil Citi Titanium & Platinum Card||1 point /Rs 150||
4 points / Rs 150
2 points / Rs 150
|IndianOil Outlets & Featured partners Grocery Spends|
|Citi Cashback Card||1 point/Rs 200||10 points/Rs 200||Movies,Telephone & Utilities|
|First Citizen Citi Titanium Credit Card||1 point/Rs 100||
5 points/Rs 100
7 points/Rs 100
At Shoppers Stop
|Citi Prestige Credit Card||1 point/Rs 100||2 points/Rs 100||International transactions|
|Citi Corporate Card||2 points/Rs 125||N/A||N/A|
After a specific number of reward points are accumulated, they can be redeemed against a host of options. You can visit the rewards catalogue of Citibank to choose from different reward redemption options such as books and entertainment, apparel, accessories, travel, hotels, dining, health, beauty and a lot more.
Here are a few points you should note about Citibank Rewards Redemption-
- You can also convert your rewards into air miles if your credit card supports this facility.
- Points can also be redeemed for gift vouchers from branded stores.
- Redemption orders once placed cannot be cancelled.
- You can also check the status of redemption and dispatch status after 2 and 4 days of placing the order.
- Rewards can also be directly converted into statement credit.
Applicants need to submit a few documents which become the basis for the bank to decide whether the person is eligible for the card applied and also to determine the credit limit on his card. These documents include identity proof, address proof and proof of income. Given below is the list of accepted documents-
|Proof of Identity||Proof of Address||Proof of Income|
|PAN Card||Aadhaar Card||
Latest one or 2 salary slip
(not more than 3 months old)
|Aadhaar card||Driver's License||Latest Form 16|
|Driver's License||Passport||Last 3 months' bank statement|
|Passport||Utility Bill not more than 3 month's old|
|Voter's ID||Ration Card|
|Overseas Citizen of India Card||Property Registration Document|
|Person of Indian Origin Card||Person of Indian Origin Card|
|Job card issued by NREGA||Job card issued by NREGA|
|Letters issued by the UIDAI||Bank Account Statement|
One can apply for Citibank credit cards both online and offline or through their 24X7 helpline. You can also apply directly through Paisabazaar.com after comparing the cards.
For online application, visit the official website of Citibank and follow the steps given below-
Step 1- Go to the credit card section on Citibank website, compare the cards and select the one you want to apply for.
Step 2- After you click on ‘Apply Now’, you will be redirected to the application page.
Step 3- Enter your e-mail address and contact number and proceed.
Step 4- You are now required to fill your personal details along with your PAN and Aadhaar Number.
Step 5- Enter your professional details and annual income along with mailing address.
Once you complete and submit the form, an application reference number will be generated and communicated to you on your mail and phone. One of the Citibank executives will come to collect your documents after which they will decide your eligibility, credit limit, etc.
For applying offline, you can visit any of the Citibank branches in your city and speak to a credit card executive. After understanding your requirements and checking the eligibility, they will offer you a card. Just fill the form and submit required documents and your credit card will reach at your address after a few days.
Apply on Paisabazaar.com
Visit the official website of Paisabazaar.com. Here you can find different credit cards by Citibank as well as compare them with other credit cards to choose the perfect for yourself.
Just check your eligibility by filling in your details and apply directly. Once your application is approved by the bank, an executive will drop by to collect relevant documents after which your application will be processed further.
A Citibank credit card user can resort to any of the methods given below to pay their credit card bills-
From Citibank Account
If you are paying from your Citibank account, you can either set standing instructions to pay off your bills automatically. Alternatively, you can also make the payment directly through net banking or mobile banking.
From Other Bank Account
If you want to make bill payment towards your Citibank Credit Card, you can do so by following any of the methods given below-
NEFT- You can make bill payment towards your Citibank Credit Card through NEFT. You just need to add your 16 digit credit card number in place of Account Number and the name printed on your credit card as the name of beneficiary. You also have to enter the IFS Code which you can find out on the bank’s website or by calling on their 24X7 helpline.
E-Pay- Citibank's E-Pay lets you pay your Credit Card bills online through a different bank account. It usually takes two working days (excluding Saturdays & Sundays) to get the amount credited into your account.
Visa Money Transfer (VMT)- You can also use the Visa Money Transfer Option to pay your Citibank Credit Card bill from a different bank account. It takes two to four working days for the amount to be credited into your statement.
RTGS- Customers can also initiate payments through RTGS and the amount will be credited into their account by the end of the day.
ECS- Through the Electronic Clearance System (ECS) facility, you can pay your Citibank credit card bills. You are required to provide a mandate to Citibank authorising the transfer of funds from your account with other bank.
Apart from these options, you can directly visit the Citibank Bill Desk and make the payment by logging into the online banking portal of your bank.
Cardholders can reach out to Citibank Credit Card Customer Care on this number- 1860 210 2484. Note that local call charges may apply on this number.
By calling on this number, Citi cardholders can avail the following services-
- For getting the status of credit card application.
- For resolving any queries about credit card monthly statement.
- For solving problems related to credit card bill payment.
Users can also reach the customer care department by writing an email, letter or by directly visiting the nearest Citibank branch.
Q. Can Citi Credit Cards be used internationally?
A. Citibank India offers Credit cards which can be used internationally, that is it can be used in India and abroad. Credit Cards, however, cannot be used to make foreign currency transactions in Nepal and Bhutan. There are also domestic only cards available with Citibank like the 'Citibank Rewards Domestic Card' which can only be used in India and at Indian web portals.
Q. Can I check outstanding and available balance on my card?
A. Credit card outstanding and available balance can be checked online and via SMS.
Q. What is a joining fee and membership fee?
A. Joining fee is applicable on some Credit cards and is levied on successfully issued cards in the first statement after the individuals apply for a Citibank Credit card. Annual fee is charged on completion of one year as a renewal fee for card membership.
Q. What is the validity period of cards?
A. The credit cards are valid for 3 years. This is also applicable for Citibank add-on credit card. Post 3 years both cards are dispatched in the month prior to card expiry. This is at sole discretion of the bank whatsoever. The card would bear the same number with a different CVV number.
Q. Can I get a photo card?
A. The credit cards are also offered as photo card. This can be availed by downloading the requisite form available on the website. Once the duly filled form reaches the Chennai mailroom, the card is sent within 6 working days.
Q. Can I request for a credit limit enhancement?
A. If a Credit card is eligible for limit enhancement an automatic mail would be sent to online mailbox. Otherwise the member may send across his/her IT return or salary slips/form 16 to Chennai mail-room, to apply for a Citibank Credit Card limit enhancement.
Q. How can I redeem reward points?
A. Rewards points accumulated on any Credit card offered by Citibank are redeemable at partner outlets against fuel, gift vouchers, air miles, cashback or at online shopping outlets. To know about the eligibility criteria for your credit card contact Citibank credit card customer support.
Q. Can I avail loan on card?
A. Citibank credit cards offers loan against credit limit of the card. Loan can be at times over and above the credit limit. For any loan assistance the card holder may contact Citi phone. Interest rates vary on different cards. Once the loan is approved the draft reaches the customer within three working days of the request.
Q. Can I convert my purchases into EMI?
A. Transactions above Rs 2,500 can be converted into instalments through 'Dial an EMI' offer. However any gold, bullion, gold mutual funds transactions are restricted to be converted into EMI. The holder of any Credit card from Citibank may convert the purchases into EMI online or by contacting Citibank customer service support.
Q. Does Citi bank credit cards offer utility payment facility?
A. Cardholders may request for bill payment facility online by logging into their account. They need to register for new billers. Once the biller confirms and approves the request it would be confirmed to the cardholders. Currently Citibank credit cards offer to register for electricity, mobile, telephone, mutual funds, donations, DTH, gas and water bill. Cardholders may access their online portals to add or delete billers whenever they want to.
Q. How do I enable my online banking service?
A. Citibank offers hassle free banking. All your credit card related information is available to you at your finger tip. All you need to do is register and generate ID and a password online and enjoy easy access to your account. All products linked to the same ID shall be available for your use on the same ID.
Q. Can I close my credit card account and reactivate in future?
A. A credit Card can be closed by placing a request on Citi priority service number or writing to the Chennai mailroom. Citibank credit Cards can be reactivated by sending a written request along with a photo and valid identity proof. After verification of the same the bank would decide to reactivate the credit card depending upon the internal policies.