In India, the trend for online banking has advanced and variety of banks and financial institutions has supported this modern-day banking service to reach out to millions of customers. Bank of Baroda aids its customers with the facility of internet banking called as ‘Baroda Connect’. This is offered as an alternative medium by the bank for offering efficient customer service. It is interesting to know that this service is available 24/7 and can be modified for use depending on retail and corporate customers. Savings account customers at Bank of Baroda can access this facility using internet connectivity on their desktop or laptop.
Bank of Baroda Net Banking Features
Bank of Baroda permits the customers to manage a variety of banking operations directly through the online platform. There is no need to visit the bank in person, since operations can be processed sitting at home. Some of these important functions include:
- Payment of Utility Bill – With the help of Baroda Easy Pay, customer can conveniently settle utility bills for electricity, mobile phone recharge, telephone etc. Moreover, other services like travel bookings, donations, online subscriptions can be settled using BOB Net Banking.
- Fund Transfer – BOB customer can manage fund transfer online with the availability of net banking facilities. Funds can be sent to your personal bank accounts along with transfer option to third party accounts. It is also possible to schedule transfer of funds for a later date without any hassle.
- Online Tax Payment – With Baroda Connect, the customer can settle payments for both direct & indirect taxes including Income Tax, etc.
- Institutional Fees – Baroda Connect enable its customers to pay educational fees related to schools, colleges or other institutions in a simplified manner.
- IRCTC Booking – You can book railway tickets via Baroda Connect facility. BOB’s website would redirect you to IRCTC’s website from where you can access and fix travel passes online under few clicks.
Other Banking Facility-
- Access to Account – With internet banking, the customer has instant control to his/her bank account. You only have to visit the bank’s official portal from where you will be required to log in BOB Online Banking with the help of Customer ID and password. After successfully entering the online banking account, you can check balance for savings account as well as your account statement.
- Issue Cheque Book – A customer can request for a fresh cheque book via the internet banking facility.
- Check Transaction History – One can log in his/her account online and access transaction history for the past two months.
- Cheque Book Request Status – Using the BOB Online Banking facility or the service of Baroda Connect, the customer can track his/her request for cheque book.
- Analyze Multiple Account Details – There are several striking advantages of Bank of Baroda Net Banking that has helped a large share of customers. One such advantage is related to the accessibility to one or more accounts with a single customer ID.
- Account Summary Concerned with Deposits and Loan – A customer can virtually connect to each of his/her BOB accounts, for example loan account, operative account and deposits.
Steps to follow for Bank of Baroda Online Banking Registration
- Firstly, visit the official page of BOB and press the link – ‘Download Application Form’.
- You need to download the internet banking application form. Alternatively, customers can even collect this application form through any of the bank branch.
- Enter all the details stated in the application form along with the essential signatures.
- Later, submit the fully filled form at the branch in which you already have an account.
- User ID & password would be sent to you via courier.
- With the availability of these credentials, you can login to your online BOB account.
In case you haven’t yet logged in, do follow the below mentioned steps:
- Access the bank’s official website
- Click on ‘Net Banking’ and select your country.
- Now, you need to make a choice between corporate user and retail user.
- You would be redirected to the login screen which requests you to feed the Customer ID as well as password. Once this is entered, click on ‘Go’.
- Now, you would be led to the terms & conditions screen. Here you are required to press on the ‘Agree’ tab.
Bank of Baroda Mobile Banking
Apart from internet banking, the service for mobile banking is growing with the popularity of smartphone age. With the help of mobile banking, customers can access banking operations on-the-go directly through their mobile device.
Bank of Baroda offers a smart application which can be downloaded on mobile phones. It is called Baroda M-connect that permits the active customers to process transactions under few clicks. Banking operations such as fund transfer, avail savings account details, mobile recharge, settle utility bills, buy movie tickets, plane tickets etc.
How to Avail Bank of Baroda Mobile Banking Service?
All customers of Bank of Baroda have the convenience to access M-connect using the below mentioned steps:
- Register to the Bank of Baroda Mobile Banking Service
- Download and install Baroda M-Connect Plus mobile application
BOB customers can easily register to access mobile banking service either through the ATM or bank branch.
Baroda M-connect Registration through ATM:
For making a registration for Bank of Baroda mobile banking via ATM, the customers need to follow the mentioned steps:
- The customer is required to visit the bank ATM and insert their ATM card into the machine. Next step is to enter the ATM PIN after the machine prompts to do so.
- After the card validation, the customer needs to choose the option for ‘M-connect’ under which the customer will be required to click on the ‘Registration’ tab.
- The customer is now prompted to offer the 10-digit phone number and click on ‘confirm’.
- Once the machine validates your mobile number, a message offering Confirmed Registration is displayed on the screen.
- In case the customer details are spotted invalid, “Registration Failed” would flash on the screen. Moreover, the customer is also prompted to abide the correct process or visit the bank branch.
- After successful registration, the customers would be sent a SMS along with a URL link that permits the downloading of the mobile app, mPIN and password.
- In case the customer’s phone number is GPRS, EDGE or 3G enabled, the customer can easily download the app using the URL.
Baroda M-connect Registration at Bank Branch:
For making a registration forM-connect using Bank Branch, the customers should follow the mentioned steps:
- The customer is required to visit the bank branch.
- Access the application form which needs to be submitted after filling.
- After successful registration, the customer would be sent a SMS on his/her listed mobile number that will contain the app link for downloading. Moreover, details about mPIN and application password are also available.
- In case the mobile phone is GPRS, EDGE or 3G enabled, the mobile application can be downloaded using the URL link contained in the SMS.
Bank of Baroda M-connect Features
Some of the prominent aspects of M-connect service are as follows:
- This facility is easy to access since the registration process is quite comfortable.
- Your login as well as transaction is protected using two passwords, mPIN and login passwords.
- Each of the options present on the menu can be operated easily.
- M-Connect is compatible with Windows, Android and iOS. Furthermore, for Java handsets, both SMS and GPRS format are available.
Precautions While Using Bank of Baroda M-connect
- One need not save his/her mPIN on their mobile phone.
- It is quite necessary to not share customer ID or password with any friend, relative or family member.
- The customer is required to present in writing for change of registered mobile number.
- There is no need to enter the debit card information associated to any app or website, apart from its use for M-connect.
- Do remember that the bank won’t call to ask for passwords or PINs related to mobile banking. Moreover, the customers need to avoid and resist such fraudulent calls.
- If your registered mobile number gets deactivated, there are chances that your mobile banking customer’s credentials might be at risk.
- If there is an unauthorized access into your mobile banking account, or issue with any transaction the customer should immediately contact the bank.
- Customers are recommended to frequently change their passwords in order to ensure safety of their Bank of Baroda Net Banking or Mobile Banking accounts.
- In case there is an unauthorized usage of your mobile banking, the best option is to de-register or disable instantly through bank branch or ATM.
Bank of Baroda Net Banking FAQs
Q. What are the charges associated to the use of BOB’s Net Banking Services?
It is important to note that, the net banking services offered by BOB are free of cost. However, the customer would have to pay charges for cheque book requests and stop payments.
Q. Can a customer use Baroda Connect for the payment of his/her loan installment?
YES! The customer can settle payments for his/her loan installment using Baroda Connect. You can learn the exact step by step procedure by getting in touch with the customer care executive.
Q. What is the exact duration under which I would receive my user ID & password for Baroda Connect?
As per Bank of Baroda’s policy, it takes around seven working days for sending the user ID as well as password to the registered address.
Q. If the allotted Customer ID and password do not work to access net banking, what to do?
In case you aren’t able to login with the given customer ID and password, then the best option is to contact the bank branch to crosscheck if the service has been activated or not. It is important to recheck that there isn’t any human error like use of capital letter, spacing etc.
Q. What to do if I have forgotten my net banking password? How to acquire a fresh one?
In case you have misplace or forgotten your net banking password, simply contact the bank branch or customer care. The individual is required to submit ‘Forgot Password’ application directly at the bank branch. Once this form is accepted, a new password would be delivered to the customer’s listed address.