An Aadhaar Card is a 12-digit unique identification number that is considered an essential document for proof of identity and proof of address. An Aadhaar Card is also required for availing various government subsidies and benefits. However, it is of utmost importance that your Aadhaar Card is updated to avoid any delay. Follow the given steps below to update the Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number, and email id on the Aadhaar card online and offline by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment/Update Centre.
Save more on Fuel with SBI BPCL Credit Card; Apply Now and Get Your Card in Just 7 Days*
Steps to Update Aadhaar Card by Visiting Enrolment Centre
You can get details of their Aadhar updated by visiting the Aadhaar Seva Kendra. Here is how you can do it easily:
- Fill the Aadhaar correction form i.e. https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf
- Make sure you enter that information which is correct and not the one that is mentioned in your Aadhaar.
- Get self-attested copies of proofs validating your update request.
- Submit the form along with documents.
- You need to pay a charge of Rs. 25 for every such visit to the Enrolment Centre for update or correction.
- You can get all your details including your biometric data, image, mobile number, etc. updated at the enrolment centre.
- Aadhaar Card mobile number change or update can also be done at the enrolment centre.
- Moreover, you can also visit various banks to update your Aadhaar card. For example, Axis Bank Aadhaar update allows you to make changes in your Aadhaar Card by visiting the nearest Axis bank branch.
Note: Whether you update one field or many, charges for the Aadhaar Update will be Rs. 100 (if you are also updating biometrics) and Rs. 50 (if only demographics details are being updated).
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online
Usually a person can change address, his/her name, date of birth, gender, mobile number and email id on the Aadaar card. In order to change the details of your Aadhaar card online, follow these steps to update/change/correction
Step 1. Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal and click on “Update your Address Online”
Step 2. If you have valid address proof, click on “Proceed to Update Address”
Step 3. In the new window, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and click on “Send OTP” or “Enter a TOTP”
Step 4. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered in UIDAI’s database.
Step 5. Enter this OTP to login to your Aadhaar account. Alternately, you can use the TOTP feature to authenticate
Step 6. Select either the “Update Address by Address Proof” option or the “Update Address vis Secret Code” option
Step 7. Enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and click on the “Preview” button
Step 8. In case you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option else tick the declaration and click on the “Submit” button
Step 9. Select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof and click on the “Submit” button
Step 10. Your Aadhaar update request will be accepted and a 14-digit URN will be generated
You can use the Update Request Number (URN) to check the status of the Aadhaar address update. Once updated, you can download the updated version and get your Aadhar card print out.