The primary objective of the Aadhaar enrolment centre is to enrol new applicants for Aadhaar and provide assistance to Aadhaar card holders for updating their Aadhaar details and other facilities. All tasks carried out at Aadhaar enrolment centres are free of cost for the first time whereas a nominal fee is applicable on some of the tasks and the rates are set by the UIDAI.These institutions ensure uninterrupted empanelment with UIDAI. Same terms and conditions are applicable for both empanelled as well as non-empanelled agencies.
How to Locate an Aadhaar Enrolment Centre?
UIDAI has made it very simple for the indian residents to apply for Aadhaar card. Find a nearby Aadhaar centre. Residents can search for an enrolment centre in their city and visit there to get enrolled for Aadhaar.
Steps to locate Aadhaar Enrolment Centres are mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit UIDAI’s website
Step 2: Click on “Locate an Enrolment Center”
Step 3: Select State/Pin Code/Search Box option
Step 4: Enter your details such as District/Sub District/Village/Town etc.
Step 5: If you want to Search only permanent centres, select the check box option.
Step 6: Enter Verification code and press “Locate a Centre” button
Step 7: Relevant Aadhaar Card Enrolment Centres are displayed on the screen.
Using the UIDAI portal, one can book online appointments for UID enrolment.
Note: When you visit the enrolment centre to apply for the Aadhaar card, do not forget to carry your all the required documents such as address proof, id proof and etc. Know more about what documents are required for Aadhaar card?
Users can search for Aadhaar enrolment centres in their area by using any of the three methods given below:
1. Locate Aadhaar Enrolment Centre based on States:
- Users can locate a nearby Aadhaar card enrolment centre by selecting the State option. The user has to select the state he resides in using the drop-down list.
- He then has to select the district and sub-district after which he has to select his locality, village, town or city from the drop-down list. There is also an option through which only permanent centres would be displayed on the screen. The user has to enter the verification code and click on the search button.
- Search results are displayed on the screen along with relevant details such as the registrar’s name, agency’s name, centre’s address, contact person, mobile number, last update date, centre type (permanent, temporary or camp), total enrolment in the last 30 days and the location of the centre on Google maps.
2. Locate Aadhaar Enrolment Centre based on Postal (Pin) Code
- Users can also find the location of enrolment centres with the help of their locality’s pin code.
- The user has to enter his pin code and enter the verification number displayed on the screen.
- After clicking on the submit button, results are displayed on the screen with all the data related to enrolment centres in the region.
- You can note down the details and contact them to either get your Aadhaar details updated or enrol for Aadhaar if you have not enrolled for it yet.
3. Locate Aadhaar Enrolment Centre using the Search Box
- If the user is not sure about the pin code or the exact address, he can use the search box feature to find an enrolment centre.
- The user can enter the locality name, city, district or any other detail that he can remember.
- He then has to enter the verification code and click the submit button.
- Results with relevant details will be shown. The user can find the enrolment centre in his area quite easily even if he does not know the exact details of the location.
Aadhaar enrolment centres have been opened to help residents get enrolled for Aadhaar quite easily and get their details updated offline. The activities carried out at Aadhaar enrolment centres are as follows:
- Fresh Aadhaar enrolment of those people who were not able to get themselves enrolled for Aadhaar.
- In case a cardholder loses his Aadhaar card and forgets his Aadhaar number, he can visit the enrolment centre and get his Aadhaar number. He can also place a request for a duplicate Aadhaar card at the enrolment centre.
- In case your residential address changes and you want to get it updated, you will have to visit any of the enrolment centres with relevant documents and get your details updated.
- All Aadhaar cardholders have to visit the Aadhaar enrolment centres to get their mobile number linked with Aadhaar. It is worth noting that users cannot use any online service related to Aadhaar if their Aadhaar is not linked with a mobile number.
Children have to visit Aadhaar enrolment centre to submit their biometric data after they turn 5 years old. They have to visit an enrolment centre again to submit their biometric data again when they become 15 years old. This biometric data is considered final and it remains with your Aadhaar for lifetime. It is worth noting that no biometric data is recorded for children below 5 years of age.
Aadhaar Seva Kendra (ASK)
Aadhaar Seva Kendra (ASK) is a one-stop destination for Aadhaar services. An Aadhaar Seva Kendra is managed directly by UIDAI and provide dedicated Aadhaar enrolment and update services in a state-of-the-art environment. These are operational all 7 days of the week from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. These Aadhaar Seva Kendras have both an online Appointment Management System (AMS) and an automated Token Management System (TMS) for walk-in residents.
Q1. What are the different services that I can avail at Aadhaar enrolment centres and Aadhaar Seva Kendra? What are their charges?
|Mandatory Biometric Update||Nil|
|Demographic Update (Any channel/Any type)||Rs. 50 (Inclusive of GST)|
|Biometric Update||Rs. 100 (Inclusive of GST)|
|Aadhaar download and colour print-out on A4 sheet||Rs.30/ per Aadhaar (Inclusive of GST)|
Q2. How can I book an appointment online if I wish to visit an Aadhaar Seva Kendra?
You can book an appointment online by clicking on https://appointments.uidai.gov.in/bookappointment.aspx and selecting your city/location. You can also book your appointment through the mAadhaar app.
Q3. Can I book an appointment for a friend or family member?
Yes, you can use the online appointment service to book an appointment for yourself or a family member or friend. You are not required to pay any charges for the same.
Q4. How can I locate an Aadhaar Seva Kendra near me?
A consolidated list of all functional Aadhaar Seva Kendras (ASKs) can be availed by clicking on https://uidai.gov.in/ecosystem/enrolment-ecosystem/aadhaar-seva-kendra.html