Allahabad Bank is a public sector nationalised bank that was founded in Allahabad, India on 24 April 1865. It is the oldest joint stock bank in India with head-quarters in Kolkata, India. This bank offers financial and banking products and services to the customers. It also deals in offering consumer as well as corporate banking services. The bank has a total of 2500 bank branches spread across India. It also holds a branch in Hong Kong and a representative office in Shenzen.
The Indian Financial System Code or the IFSC code is a unique alphanumeric code that specially identifies the branch of the bank that is involved in Electronic Fund Transfers. Every bank-branch has a varied IFSC code providing a unique identification to each branch. For example, the IFSC code for Bhopal branch, Ahmedabad is ALLA0212749 where the IFSC code for Bapunagar branch, Ahmedabad is ALLA0212308.
Allahabad Bank offers a wide variety of Credit Cards that cater to the requirements of its consumers. These cards satisfy all the needs of the consumers be it travel or lifestyle at a very competitive rate of interest. The different types of credit cards offered by Allahabad Bank are as follows:
- Weavers Credit Card- This credit card is offered to all the workers involved in the weaving process. It has a term loan for 5 to 7 years and is delivered to all rural and semi urban branches.
- Laghu Udhyami Credit Card- This credit card is provided to only ISB sector people that has dealt with the bank for the previous three years and also has credit limit up to Rs. 10 lacs. The term loan ranges from 5 to 7 years and is delivered to all the branches.
- Artisan Credit Card- This credit card offers working capital to all the artisans to buy raw materials for carrying out the process of production. The maximum term amount is Rs. 2 lacs and the term loan ranges from 5 to 7 years.
Credit Card Statement
Allahabad Bank issues a summarised statement to its card-holders on a monthly basis that contains all the details regarding the purchases and payments that have been made by the card-holder using the credit card. It also shows the outstanding balance in the credit card at the end of the month. This statement is issued to the card-holder through an email on the registered email account.
Allahabad Bank offers a wide variety of loans that cater to all the different needs and requirements of the customers be it home, personal or educational. The different types of offered loans are as follows:
- Housing and furnishing loan
- Dream car loan
- Commercial vehicle finance scheme
- Trade loan
- Property loan
- Rent loan
- Home appliance finance scheme
- Education loan
- Gyan Dipika scheme
- Saral loan
- Mobike loan
- Personal loan to pensioners
- Personal loan to doctors
- OD facility in Savings Bank Account
- Loan against NSC/KVP
- Gold loan
- Reverse mortgage scheme
Allahabad Bank offers a wide range of savings accounts, fixed deposit schemes, current accounts at a very competitive rate of interest. The various types of savings account schemes are:
- Normal savings bank
- All bank premium SB
- All bank advantage salary premium account
- All bank mahila Sanchay account
- All bank 3-in-1 account
- All bank Vikash SB account
- All bank saral savings bank account
- All bank saral savings account
- All bank savi fix account
All the above savings account schemes earn an interest rate of 4% p.a. which is payable half-yearly on the daily balances in the account.
Allahabad Bank offers a wide range of retail products to the consumers including fixed deposits whose rates of interest are never fixed. They keep on fluctuating depending on the tenure of deposits. The following are the different fixed deposit interest rates on deposit tenures are as follows:
- Short-term Fixed Deposit Rates- The short-term fixed deposit rates are provided for deposits of less than 1 year tenure and it ranges from 4.50% to 7.25% p.a.
- Medium and long-term fixed deposit rates- The interest rate on medium and long term deposit remains constant at 7.25% p.a. and it is a compounded rate.
- Fixed Deposit rates for senior citizens- For senior citizens, the fixed deposit rate of interest does not show any variation. No special rates are offered and they are the same as the existing rates
Allahabad Bank offers Savings Account, Current Account, Fixed Deposits, and Recurring Deposits for Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) under various types of accounts. They are as follows:
- Non-resident external savings bank account
- Non-resident external current account
- Non-resident external fixed deposit account
- Foreign currency non-resident fixed deposit account
- Non-resident ordinary savings bank account
- Non-resident ordinary current account
- Non-resident ordinary recurring deposit account
- Non-resident ordinary fixed deposit account
Allahabad Bank offers a host of services to the customers through the introduction of internet banking wherein the customers can enjoy online banking facility within the comforts of their own houses. The various types of facilities available are:
- Details of the balances in the account.
- Statement of the account.
- Stoppage of the payment of cheques.
- Issue of cheques and drafts.
- Opening of Deposit accounts.
- Transfer of funds.
- Payment of taxes.
- Payment of various bills like telephone, mobile etc.
- Information on various products and services.
- Information on various forms of loan as well as deposit modelling